Chapter 9

HAPPY READING

Ryon POV

"Fuck," I swore and throw the file across the room. I groaned as the thoughts of our last conversation whirled through my mind and the feelings of loss bubbled in the pit of my stomach. Three weeks it had been, and I couldn't ignore how dead I felt inside and the dull ache in my chest.

Is this what love does to you? No wonder I ran from it. I shook my head bitterly.

This was eating at me. I waited for three whole weeks to feel any other thing. To feel like it wasn't over but it's all I felt like it was over and it stabbed me in the chest. What scared me, even more, was the fact that she didn't fight for us and it was my fault. I was a mess and couldn't help it.

"Whoa, whoa there tiger," Reign said from my doorway. He picked up the file and looked at it. "Bad day? Or was it a bad file?" he asked.

"It's nothing," I said reaching for the file and he snatched it back quickly. He pulled out his phone and after texting something he placed it back into his pocket.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Leave it alone. Now give me my file, " I growled.

"Something crawled up you're arse and died brother," he said placing the file on my desk and looked at the pile of balled-up papers in the corner of the room.

"I said it was nothing," I growled and Reyon walked into my office. He whistled at the pile before taking his seat.

"Nothing my behind. You look like hell and you're vibrating with tension," Reyon said.

"I think shit is a better word. Whatever it is, it was eating at you," Reign said and I slouched in my seat. "Thank you," I scoffed.

"Let's hear it," Reyon said.

"And I've got all day," Reign said and I stared at the both of them and signed. They weren't going to leave it alone and I knew better.

I stood out of my chair and ran my hands through my hair with so much frustration, I pulled a few strands from the root.

"Come on, let's hear it," Reign said.

"It's nothing I can't handle," I said leaning against the glass view. "You know, it would be crazy to think you can get rid of us that easily," he added.

"That I actually know," I said.

"Then you know it would be foolish to waste your own time," Reyon said.

"It's Sibel," I murmured looking back out the window with a pang through me. I had this sick feeling in my gut and I felt horrible. I couldn't lose the woman I love, I just couldn't.

"What? thee Ryon Menture? A girl?" Reign asked with a dramatic pause.

"You're pinning over a girl?" Reyon asked with amazement. "Glad I can amuse you two," I scoffed.

"Hmm, the saying is true then," Reign said.

"What saying?" I asked and caught sight of the small glimmer of amusement in his dark orbs, I realized that I was doing exactly what he had wanted me to... And I was going to regret it.

"One woman always gets a man," he said and Reyon chuckled.

"What?" I asked confused.

"From the beginning of time, asks Adam, Salomon, David, Abraham even Bill Clinton," he chuckled. "One woman got them all including you," he said.

"I never thought I'd see the day," Reyon laughed.

"Screw you," I said and they burst out laughing harder.