Chapter 7

Sibel Pov

"Busy?"

"Hi mama," I opened my eyes and peek out from under the covers to mom leaning against my ajar door.

"For you... never mommy," I looked up at her with a sad smile.

"Good, I'm taking you out to lunch, your sisters too," she smiled and reached into the room sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Rain cheque please," I said and moved to sit up with her, one foot tucked under me.

"For me sweetheart," she touched my cheek and tilt my head and I nodded. who can say no to that face?

"Sure," I smiled.

"You know honey you're the only daughter I have that wears her heart on her sleeve. I've been watching you for the past two weeks belle. You're not yourself and I want you to know you can tell me, we can talk even if it's about boys." she said.

"There's nothing to tell," I said looking her in the eyes and she smiled.

"I know the normal thing to do is to wait until you're ready to talk to me but I can't stand seeing you walk around here as if someone died, anymore."

I sighed, knowing she knows me well enough, and with the way I crawled in here two weeks ago she's not going to let me off with a simple lunch date. "I'm sure you can wait until I'm ready to talk," I said.

"That would be the likely thing to do but today is not that type of day. I'm tired of seeing you moped around here," she said.

"It's nothing really, school is hectic and I needed a slow break."

"That's not the answer written on your face," damn the woman is a tough cookie. "You're a shell, so that tells me it's a boy. You have dark circles around your eyes, you've barely eaten since you've been home and everyone knows you're never productive until your plate is cleaned, twice. So spill it."

I sighed.

"So, you see it can't wait," mom said.

"Okay, okay, you know me too well," I looked down at my fingers toying with the hem of my PJ.

Mom gently placed her hand over mine and rubbed soothingly over my knuckles until she took both hands in hers. The gesture was so soft and sweet, I burst out crying. Full ugly cry.

"Oh come here baby," she took me in her arms and wipe my tears away, then she rubbed soothingly over my back to comfort me. "What is it belle?" she asked and I remember when she told me I reminded her of princess belle, no matter what there was this prince, blemished and flawed but in exchange for something greater she gradually learned to love despite what she perceives his outwards to be. I was seventeen years old when she said those words and although I watched that movie a thousand-plus times when I was a child I didn't understand a word of what she said.

I finally settled down, wiping the tears from my eyes and blowing my nose harshly in the kleenex she grabbed from the bedside cupboard.

"You alright now?" she chuckled and I leaned over to throw the tissue in the pile with the others. "Much better," I smiled meekly.

"See nothing like a good cry on your mother's shoulder," she said and we burst out laughing. "I love you, mom," I whispered. "I love you too baby, my belle."

Polleen Benjamin is a great woman and an even better mom. She never made me feel boxed in or like I couldn't talk to her at any given time it was this way since I was a child. I also knew I was going to tell her everything because she was the only person who would truly understand.