𝟐 || 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐀𝐉𝐈 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟐 || 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐀𝐉𝐈 ||

Tossing and turning in the futon laid across the living room floor, Takemichi winced at the sharp pain coming from his cheek when he placed his head back on his pillow.

This sucks...

It's already been two days since Takemichi met Baji, and he was still recovering from the brutal punches thrown at his face.

That evening—after befriending Baji and finding out they were gonna live in the same apartment complex—Takemichi had stepped into his new apartment only to be welcomed by a petrified scream that belonged to his mother. Takemichi had never seen his mom move so fast in his life. From her spot in the kitchen, she dashed straight for the small boy, nearly knocking one of the workers over in her haste to fret over the curly haired boy.

There was nothing Takemichi could do at that moment; his mother's hand had a strong grip on his chin as she turned his head from side to side, closely inspecting the dark bruises and dried blood that covered his face. Takemichi failed to make out the words that came out of her mouth, but he knew enough to know that she was interrogating the small boy—all the while—trying to comfort him.

"I just flew off the swing, mom! I'm ok!"

That was the excuse Takemichi decided on when he finally got the chance to speak. His mother didn't think twice before believing him—enveloping the injured boy in her arms as the workers trailed past her, awkwardly watching the pair as they attempted to step around them to exit the apartment to grab more boxes.

Takemichi's mother finally remembered to patch her son up when he started explaining (not whining! Takemichi doesn't whine, only little kids whine and Michi is a big kid!) about how the embrace was hurting his face.

That evening ended with Takemichi in his futon sporting a big bandage that wrapped around his forehead, a Batman band-aid over his right eyebrow, and—lastly—an ice pack to put over his left eye that was practically swollen shut.