𝟑𝟗 || 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟑𝟗 || 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 ||

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

KNOCK!!!

"Mitsuya! Mitsuya! Are you home?!"

Takemichi keeps pounding on the apartment door, hoping his purple haired friend would appear. It took some time, but–eventually–Mitsuya opens the door with an exhausted look painted over his face. Takemichi winces at the dark circles that decorate the skin beneath his eyes and the deep furrow in his brow as the older kid looks down at Takemichi.

Guilt swarms Takemichi's stomach he watches Mitsuya rub tired eyes, a constant frown tugging on his lips. Perhaps Takemichi should've banged on his door a different day...Well, what's done is done–Takemichi will just have to see his mission through!

"Takemichi...come in..." Mitsuya grumbles, his purple eyes distant and clouded as he steps aside to let Takemichi into his apartment. "Please excuse the mess..."

Takemichi takes a step inside and levels Mitsuya with a quirked up brow. "A mess? I don't see–" Takemichi cuts himself off as he surveys the small apartment.

His blue eyes go wide.

Before him stood not an apartment, but a dirty dungeon.

It was as if a bomb exploded inside the small living space. Clothes and Trash could be found in every direction–the low kitchen table is covered in smashed ceramic bowls and plates, and–off the side–Takemichi spots Mana and Luna curled up into a ball in the far corner of the apartment, covered in only two pink and orange blankets.

"What–What happened?!" Takemichi cries out, his head nearly doing a one eighty as he tries to get a good look at the messy apartment. "You're normally so clean and tidy, Mitsuya! What changed?!" the older kid slams the door shut with an exhausted sigh.

"My old man came by last night drunk and threw a fit over something stupid," he explains tiredly, pushing away a stray plastic bottle as he ushers Takemichi towards the only clean part of the apartment; the kitchen. "Mom wasn't here last night so I had to deal with him by myself–it took a long time and, when I finally got him out, mana and luna wouldn't stop crying."