𝟑𝟔 || 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐀𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐒 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟑𝟔 || 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐀𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐒 ||

   "Yuzuha?!"

    The girl in question laughs sheepishly, a rosy blush spreading across her cheeks. Yuzuha raises a hand to nervously scratch at the back of her nape, beads of sweat gradually swimming down her face.

    Takemichi gulps loud and clear and he's certain that his face resembles Yuzuha's: red and flushed with sweat rolling down the sides of his cheeks till they drop from his chin. The smaller boy fiddles with the hem of his shirt, a nervous habit he's never quite been able to get rid of.

    "Yeah...I'm—I'm the one who's been writing you those letters..." Yuzuha mumbles, her voice quiet and meek, but it rings loud in Takemichi's ears.

    "Is...Is this a joke, Yuzuha?" Takemichi asks, his heart beating wildly as he continues to stare at his friend.

    And...for some reason...the thought of all of this being a prank hurts Takemichi in a way he doesnt expect. Surely he should hope that it is a prank!!!

    ...right?

    Yuzuha immediately shakes her head no. "Of course not, Michi! I really like you–like...i wanna go on dates with you and watch movies and hold hands and be..." she looks down at her shoes, avoiding Takemichi's gaze as she continues, her words barely loud enough to even be considered a mumble. "Be...y'know, like girlfriend and boyfriend..."

    Takemichi inhales sharply, more than a little surprised to hear Yuzuha outright confess to him. His hands begin to grow clammy and sweaty. His fingers twitch to tug on the hem of his oversized shirt. He wishes that Keisuke or Mikey were here to tell him what to say or what to do.

    The poor boy is completely out of his element. Takemichi has never been confessed to before, hell, he never thought anyone would ever confess to someone like him! Sure, he's seen how these playout in movies and tv shows, but what the hell does Takemichi say when he's not given a script?

    Takemichi goes to open his mouth, probably to croak out some poor excuse to leave, but Yuzuha interrupts him with a small laugh.