𝟐𝟒 || 𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟐𝟒 || 𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||

    It's not everyday Takemichi and his mother have a whole day all to themselves.

    His mom's been getting more clients, causing her to stay at work later than she normally would, and Takemichi is always out of the house with Keisuke and Mikey. They always see each other in the mornings, with his mother always waking him up with a soft kiss to his forehead, but—other than that—they never really had much time to hangout with each other.

    Takemichi knows it's not either of their faults; his mom had made a point to drill it into his head that if she could spend everyday with her son, then she'd do just that. She was just always busy and Takemichi was always off going on some crazy adventure.

    But today? They spent it together—watching movies on the sofa, cuddled up under some blankets Miss Baji gifted them.

    His mother had called in sick to work and they gave her a few days off. Takemichi would've followed his mother's lead if it wasn't for his friends' stubborn natures; if he were to tell them that he was sick, then they'd still somehow find a way to spend time with Takemichi (not that he's complaining or anything!).

    It was nice to have a day all to themselves, basking in eachother's embrace and chatting aimlessly about anything and everything. His mom talked about a kid that lives at the brothel—who she thought he could be really good friends with— and Takemichi rambled on and on about the adventures he was forced to go on with Mikey and Keisuke.

    Time flew by in the blink of an eye.

    One moment they were gathering popcorn and snacks—his mother laying down a selection of movies on the floor to choose from—then the sun began to set, making room for the moon as the Hanagaki's finished watching a western movie to practice his English: "Return of the Jedi".

    Amongst the cheers of victory radiating from the Television, a knock could be heard.

    The Hanagaki's share a look of disdain with each other, both of them knowing that their comforting night is about to come to an end thanks to one of the boy's friends.

    "You better go get that baby," his mom says while untangling their limbs from underneath their shared blanket. An annoyed huff of air escapes Takemichi before he can stop himself.