𝟑𝟓 || 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟑𝟓 || 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 ||

Takemichi blinks.

    And blinks again.

    And again.

    And again.

    And—

    A hand on his shoulder brings the boy back to reality

    "Woah! Is that a love letter?!" Hakkai asks from behind him, his eyes peering over Takemichi's shoulder with curiosity.

    It seems Hakkai had already gotten his backpack and shoes out of his cubby in the time Takemichi had been staring at the letter in his hands. The noises of many chattering kids finally reach Takemichi's ears, reminding him of where he is, who he's with, and what has him freezing up like a statue.

    He's at school, in the middle of the hallway in front of his cubby.

    Hakkai is behind him, breathing down his neck.

    And the problem is a simple handmade letter with a pink heart stamped on the front of the envelope.

    "I...is it?" Takemichi asks, turning his head to properly gauge Hakkai's reaction. The taller boy scoffs and quickly snatches the paper from Takemichi's hands. The boy lets Hakkai take the letter without any fuss, quickly finding that he prefers the envelope in Hakkai's hands than his own.

    Hakkai inspects the letter like a detective peering at a piece of evidence—turning and flipping the letter around with a raised brow—as if he had never seen an envelope in his life before. Takemichi would've laughed at his behavior if it wasn't for the bright pink heart that practically screams at the curly haired boy, making his face light up like a stop light.

    "Hmm, well let's open it—Takemichi, want me to open it for you?" Hakkai asks, tilting his head with a smirk. Takemichi's shoulders shoot up at the sudden attention, nearly reaching his ears, and his quickly shakes his head no. The poor boy can hardly handle receiving a love letter—there's no telling what would happen if he were to open said love letter! He'd probably pass out on the dirty floor of the school hallways and become the laughing stock of his grade.