𝟐𝟑 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟐𝟑 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 ||

Takemichi doesn't get the hype about...dogs.

    Sure, they're cute from a distance, know how to follow orders, and help disabled people cross the street, but that's about it.

    The dogs that used to roam the streets of Takemichi's old neighborhoods were vicious beasts. They'd snarl and show off their long fangs to anyone that looks at them. Buckets of drool would spill out of their mouths, leaving puddles of saliva on the ragged sidewalks. The terrifying sounds they make when they spot someone they don't like is enough to make Takemichi crawl into a tiny space and hide away till he's old and gray.

    Cats, on the other hand, aren't as threatening.

    They're small, easier to deal with, and actually like Takemichi. The small boy could spend all day grooming their soft pelts even if the animal decides to suddenly be playful and swat at Takemichi with their sharp claws. At Least he doesn't have to worry about being mauled by cats, right?

    However, just because Takemichi moved out of that old neighborhood with flea infested dogs doesn't mean he was completely safe from the four legged hounds.

    Takemichi's mama finally allowed him to run errands for her; she'd give him a wad of cash, give him a list of things to pick up from the corner store, and —if he had change left over—he was free to keep the coins for the arcade as a reward! Takemichi couldn't have been more excited for his new task—in fact, he got all dressed up for the special occasion.

    The very first day he was sent out to complete his mission, he wore the baby blue dress his mother passed down to him with a pair of white slippers.

    He remembers the smile that adorned his lips, the excitement that coursed through his veins with each step he took towards the corner store and then—

    ...and then they showed up.

    Three kids and a dog.

    There were two boys and one girl.

    One of the boys was a bit on the heavy side and appeared to be shorter than his male companion. The other boy was significantly taller than both the boy and girl and wore the most menacing sneer he's ever seen. The girl, on the other hand, looked so out of place. She held the shorter boy's hand and swung their arms lazily like a cute couple.