𝟑𝟑 || 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟑𝟑 || 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄 ||

    Bam!

    Bam!

    Bam!

    Takemichi stays still, frozen in place, as he watches an old man slam a young lady's head against the wall.

    He tries to cry out to the old man in hopes of making him stop, but nothing leaves Takemichi's lips. His throat tightens and constricts at the sight of blood dribbling down the lady's forehead; the blood trails down her chin till it drops onto the floor, creating a small red puddle on the wooden tiles.

    Takemichi attempts to move forward, but his limbs won't cooperate. They stay locked in place as if invisible chains are keeping him pinned in one spot. The curly haired boy struggles and struggles, trying and failing to get his body moving but he fails.

    Again.

    Again.

    And again.

    Nothing happens.

    He can't move no matter how hard he tries.

    The man continues to abuse the lady from across the room, laughing and swearing up a storm. Takemichi can vaguely feel tears trailing down his cheeks, but he doesn't pay them any mind.

    All Takemichi can do is watch from afar as the man keeps slamming her head against the wall, creating a loud sound that reverberates around the small room.

    Bam!

    Bam!

    Bam!

    Takemichi's eyes fly open, and finally, finally, his body can move.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Takemichi's nights have often been filled with nightmares of that night—the night he lost his mother to her own hatred.

    Waking up in a pool of his own sweat has become a normal occurrence as of lately. Every night, for almost a whole week, the same damn dream occurs in his head, making him wake up in a frenzy of sweat, shallow gasps, and trembling bones.