𝟏𝟕 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐏.𝟏 ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝟏𝟕 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐏.𝟏 ||

"A Sports Festival? For students and parents?"

    Katsumi looks down at her adorable son who's practically vibrating in excitement. She can feel her whole body relax with one glance at Takemichi's blinding smile.

    "Uh huh! I want you to go! Pleeeaaaassseee!!!" Takemichi pleads with his big puppy dog eyes and a puffed out lip. Her son begins waving a flashy flier in front of her face, like it would somehow make the mother instantly go along with his whims.

    "Gimme that flier and I'll think about it," Katsumi holds her hand out and waits for her overly excited child to cool off and calm down. Takemichi gives her an adorable pout and hands the flier over with little to no resistance.

    Katsumi looks over the piece of paper, scanning the list of activities the parents are expected to participate in as well as their kids. She hums thoughtfully, reading the description of each event and how they were gonna play out with her small Michi skipping around her while singing some silly song.

    This is the first time Takemichi has ever invited her to a school event, granted the events Michi's old school would host weren't exactly...well funded or enjoyable in any way. But even so...

    Katsumi's grip on the paper tightens.

    As much as she loves her son, she can't afford to see him hurt again.

    Katsumi will do anything to ensure her child's safety, even if she has to be the bad guy.

    "Hm, I dunno bout' this baby...what if you get hurt again? We don't have the money in case some kid decides to hurt you and—"

    "Kei-Chan's mom is going!"

    Katsumi pauses.

    Rika's gonna be there?

    Well...if the event is safe enough for someone like Rika to agree to going, then maybe...

    "She is?" Katsumi decides to ask, just to double check and make sure her child isn't lying—not that Takemichi has ever really lied to her. But hey—Better safe than sorry, right?