CHAPTER 1

Freedom. 

I could almost taste it as the last lecture of the semester dragged on. I love Ms.Kim but did she honestly think that anyone in this class was paying attention to what she was saying? I mentally clocked out the minute I submitted my final paper, as I'm sure the rest of the class did. I continued to stare at the clock hoping that my staring would make time magically go faster. 

Before I could even blink Ms.Kim was dismissing our final lecture and just like that freedom was within my grasp. Quickly saying goodbye to Ms. Kim I rush out of the class and pull out my phone to text my one and only friend Yonhee. We met during our freshman year of college and have been inseparable ever since. In the beginning, I wasn't very keen on making friends. I just wanted to stay by my lonesome and just breeze through college the way I did high school and middle school but after meeting Yonhee all that changed. After meeting her I knew that love wasn't only meant for blood relatives but people who come into your life and change it for the better. 

After a while of waiting I started to feel a pair of eyes on me. At first, I let it go thinking it would stop but after several minutes of feeling the intense stare I decided to follow that stare and was met with a pair of electric blue eyes. They were almost piercing through my soul and I was a bit taken back. After some time the feeling of being stared at started to get irritating and I was about to walk up to him when I felt a pair of slender fingers cover my eyes and the Sol de Janeiro number 40 engulf me like the summer heat.

"Guess who? " She said. Like I wouldn't know it was her. 

"Park Jisung?" I said jokingly just to mess with her.

"Bitch," she said as she smacked my arm, "of course you wish it was him, you're obsessed." She said as she interlocked our elbows.

"What can I say? He's one of a kind." I say smiling adoringly into space.

"Yeah, and unreachable, literally." She said laughing at me lightly. I don't know why she's laughing when we are quite literally the same height.

"Whatever, anyways what took you so long, your class is literally like 4 doors away," I say looking at her, " it shouldn't have taken you like 10 minutes to get out." I say.

"Well, Mr. Slavoski went on this whole tangent about safe sex and how he didn't want to see any pregnant girls or hear about crazy parties this summer, the whole speel you know, " She said, " I even tried to run away like I usually do but he stood in front of the door to make sure that no one couldn't escape." She said dramatically sobbing.

"Odo come here my poor baby, come to Mama," I said to her cooing at her antics.

"It was so bad jagi, so so bad," She said wrapping her arms around me as I giggled, I always loved she called me jagi, short for jagiyah, in Korea it's a term of endearment that meant honey or darling and I absolutely adored it.

"Well babe classes are over now, so let's to the room, pull up a movie, do some face masks, and just relax, we deserve it." I say excitedly. 

"You know me so well jagi," she said smiling brightly, "To the dorms we go!" she said and we both walked away.

The thought of those piercing blue eyes staring at me had completely dissipated and was long forgotten.

-----------------------------------------------------

Entering our shared dorm I immediately crashed onto my bean bag situated beside my bed. I'm a firm believer in never letting your outside clothes touch your bed. I mean just imagine all the germs and things you've touched throughout the day and you bring into your place of rest and solitude, I think not. Anyways that's me though, everyone is different. After a couple more minutes of lounging around I decide to change into something more comfortable so I quickly step into my bathroom and do my business. 

Stepping out of the bathroom I decided to jump into Yon's bed even though she hated when she did that. 

"Who are you texting," I said teasingly, " is it your boy toy Jeno Lee?" I said to her smiling comically at her. I attempt to reach for her phone but she's quick to move away from me.

"No, it's just Instagram," She said warily trying to keep her distance from me, but she was too late because as soon as she showed a moment of weakness I grabbed her phone and raced to the bathroom locking it behind me. Soon after I heard pounding from the other side of the bathroom door.

"CLÉO AKUA DAGWA OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!" she said frantically banging on the door. 

" No can do I-" Before I could even finish my sentence there was a ding signifying that she had just received a notification and low and behold it was from the one and only Jeno Lee.

"You little minx, you told me it was Instagram so why is Jeno asking you to come to the End of the Year party ?" I said teasingly.

"He did what ?" She squealed, "Cléo open the door please." She said and she didn't have to tell me twice. I opened the door and handed her phone to her.

"I can't believe he asked me, I mean we've been flirting here and there but I didn't think this was going to happen, I mean what am I gonna d-" She said rambling on, and I stopped her before she could go any further.

"Babe that boy should be lucky he got you, not the other way round. You are a dime a dozen and he snagged you, don't ever doubt yourself, my love." I said hugging her tightly, "We are both too hot to be worried about the opinions of mediocre college boys." I said pulling away from her.

"Now let's get ready to eat them up, or get ate up." I said giggling.

hi guys, my name is Asa and this my first ever time writing a book so take it easy on me. I really want this book to go well !!