CHAPTER 29

The booming of the stereo signified we had made it to our destination. Yon and I are the first to step out the car. We had decided to book a hotel room for the night and took a shower and freshened up. 

Yon and Jeno walked in hand-in-hand, while I stuck close to Tako and Theo. After my talk with Yon I had decided to distance myself from Roman. Staying away from him was better than saying something in the heat of the moment.

Walking deeper into the party I see a bunch of people drinking and dancing. I notice a familiar face approaching me.

"Hey guys, you made it," He says dapping up the boys and hugging Yon and I. He lingered by my side a little longer before he stepped away.

"Y'all mind if I borrow her for a bit?" They all shake the head no, except for Rom who looked like he had something to say. Before he could intervene Yon quickly pushed me towards him.

"No, no, you guys go have fun," I give her a look and all she does is wink at me.

"Did I do something?" I asked Tako watching Cléo getting taken by this random I don't know, but he happens to know everyone.

"I don't know man, girls are confusing." Theo cluelessly says drinking from his beer. Tako rolls his eyes. 

"Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's talking about." Tako says walking away. Paying no mind to Theo I decided to follow to the bar area.

"Do you know something ?" I ask getting irritated. It's bad enough Cléo been acting weird towards me but now my friends won't even tell me what's wrong and I feel like it's all my fault.

"Cléo came looking for us when we took long and saw you smiling and laughing with the brunette on the beach," Tako explains, "Ever since then she's been acting weird, that's all I know." Tako explains.

I sigh in annoyance, "She could've just told me and I would've explained it to her." I run my hands through my hair frustrated.

"What is even going on between you two man, I don't think she would've gotten this jealous if she didn't like you," Tako says.

"We kissed, not once, or twice, but several times, man I thought I just liked her before, but I really really like her man, and I don't want this situation to be the reason why we stop talking," I say.

With a new found determination I look to Tako, "I'm going to go and find her," I say and he smirks.

"Go get your girl," He says as I walk away.

It takes me a while to find Cléo and when I do I feel my blood boiling.

There she is by the kitchen counter, laughing at whatever lame attempt of a joke the guy is telling her. I know she doesn't really find it funny because she's not covering her mouth. She always does that when she can't control her laughter, I would know because I make her laugh. Not him.

I see him lean closer and that's all it takes for me to snap out of my trance and walk towards them. He's first to notice me but doesn't pay me any mind and goes back to talking to Cléo. I cough lowly making them both stop talking and Cléo finally turns towards me.

"Rome, what are you doing here?" She asks. I look at her confused.

"I mean he invited all of us if I'm not mistaken," I reply.

"I get that, I mean what are you doing here, don't you have people to talk to?" She asks in a tone I can't quite decipher.

"Oh, um I just wanted to speak to you, but we can do that another time if you're busy right now," I say starting to get the feeling that my presence wasn't wanted and it kinda hurt to know it was from the one person I devote all my attention to.