CHAPTER 18

For the past couple of days, things have been really awkward between Roman and me. After he a couple days ago we haven't talked at all. The only exception was this morning when he asked if I was still going to the funeral with him, which I quickly confirmed. Funerals are extremely emotional, and I wanted to be there for him even if we weren't on the best of terms right now. Yon, Tako, Jeno, and I were all there to support Roman to make sure that he knew that he had a support group with us.

"Giagiá was my favorite person in the whole world, after my parents of course," That caused a chuckle to course through the crowd, "Every afternoon, I would back from school and smell all the sweet treats she would bake, Tako can attest to that," He said, "Yes I sure can," Tako says beside us causing the crowd to laugh again.

"Giagiá always told me to love unconditionally because why spend your time on this earth being envious or hateful towards other people, it will only cause stress, and make you wrinkly, she always said," He pauses, "Before I thought that it was just grown people mumbo jumbo because all I did in highschool was love unconditionally, but continuously get my heartbroken," He laughs which caused all of us to laugh. "But this year I allowed myself to love, and I've made more friends this year than I've had in my entire life and I am so grateful for each and every one of them. Especially Tako," I feel myself tearing up a bit, "Thank you for sticking with me so long man, you as long as everyone here knew what a light Giagiá was and I know this hurt you as much as it hurt me but we'll always be there for another," And Tako nods sniffling and crying as well. I rub his back in comfort and wipe the tears from my eyes. 

"Giagiá, I-" His voice cracks and my heart breaks, his parents walk up to him and comfort him, "I will miss you so much, but I know you're resting now, you're at peace, and knowing that gives me joy, because you deserve nothing but peace and rest. Until we meet again Giagiá," He says looking at her casket and smiling, a bittersweet smile.

The rest of the service was absolutely beautiful and Roman's family did a wonderful job at celebrating Rosa's life. Everything went smoothly and soon enough we were all taking our leave. Roman had decided to spend the rest of the day with his family. 

"Thank you for coming man," Rom says as he dabs Tako up, doing the same with Jeno. He hugged Yon and finally, it was my turn to say goodbye. 

"Hi," I say to him softly, "Hey," He replies, "Uh, thank you for coming today," He continues, "It means a lot to me that you came today," And I shake my head, "I told you, Rom if you ever need anything I'm here for you," I say rubbing his shoulder in a comforting way. I grab onto his cheeks and caress them which he leans into and sighs deeply. 

"Go be with your family Rom, I'm a call away if you need me, okay," I say softly. He nods softly and I reluctantly let go of his face. I wave bye to him and walk out with the rest of the crew on our journey back to campus.

It's been a couple of weeks since the funeral service and things have been going well, for the most part. The crew has been meeting up more, and hanging out, we all even got matching tattoos, which was pretty fun. Theodore also weaseled his way into my life somehow. He started visiting the store more frequently and eventually, he and I became good friends.

We had decided to go to a karaoke bar Yon and Jeno had recently found when they had gone out on a date. 

"You reckon they'll like me," He asks worriedly, "I mean I just came, and all of a sudden I'm being pushed into the friend group, init," He says.

"You have nothing to worry about, all my friends are really sweet people," I assure him. "Also you're a great person, what's not to love," I say smiling and patting his back in a comforting way. His cheeks become a bright red and I can't help but chuckle.