CHAPTER 2

CLÉO OUTFIT, HAIR, AND MAKEUP

YONHEE HAIR, MAKEUP, AND OUTFIT

----------------------

Yonhee and I spent about two hours getting ready, could we have done it quicker? Yes, but why should we, getting ready is the best part of going out is getting ready. How I love being a girl, just doing my girl stuff, in this weird nonsensical world ruled by men who don't have common sense. With Pretty Girls by Britney Spears ft. Iggy Azalea plays in the background Yonhee and I add our finishing touches and just like that we are the baddest b*tches to walk the planet.

"Babe, we are so hot, this is sickening I feel sorry for the rest of the world, but at least we get to grace them with our presence." I say giggling as we both look in the mirror taking some selfies. Just love being a girl.

"Okay babe, let's go out there and show them who the real don daddies are," she tries mimicking my African accent, I can't she's the cutest. I laugh at her antics and grab her elbows as we walked out of our shared room together.

---------------------------------

After a brief 10-minute walk we make it to the park where the End of the Year party is being held and to my surprise the party is actually really cool. Everyone is just drinking and having a fun time, I guess everyone is just happy that classes are finally over and it's summertime. After a quick survey of the crowd, I find Jeno Lee making a beeline in the direction of where Yon and I were standing, and he was walking with a purpose I tell you. 

"I'm getting nervous, how do I look, do you think I look good? My confidence is diminishing quickly and I need to find Jeno before it's completely gone." She says in a rushed tone touching up her makeup and looking at herself in the reflection of her phone. Grabbing her shoulders I turn her in the direction I saw Jeno walking and softly whisper in her ear, " I don't think you have to worry about that." Shortly after Jeno approached us with unfamiliar people following behind him.

"Hi, Yonhee," He said shyly, "how are you doing today?" He continued all attention directed towards her. I couldn't help but giggle and I guess that burst whatever bubble they had around them. 

"Oh, hi Cléo," He said in an apologetic tone, " I didn't mean to ignore you or anything." He said and I laughed lightly finding his actions quite funny.

"You don't have to apologize, if my girl looked that good no one else would matter to me too," I say teasingly and I swear I saw his ears too red, he's blushing aw. 

"She does look very beautiful today, not that she doesn't look beautiful every other day-" Jeno gets cut off by a snicker coming from one of his mysterious friends who were standing behind him. With a roll of his eyes and turns towards his friends.

Coughing slightly, "These are my friends, Tako, and Roman," he points to a black guy with locks and a curly-headed white boy. They both wave hi at us and then we're met with an awkward silence. Not being able to stand the silence I decide to break it.

"Ok, since Jeno here clearly wants to spend time with Yonhee, why don't we leave them to canoodle and get to know each other better, and before you both try to talk me out of it the answer is no," I say that and walk towards the two new friends I made and interlock our elbows and walk away.

"I'm sorry," I say as we walk away hastily, "I'm just tired of them beating around the bush, they've been doing this since freshman year and I think it's time they got their shit together." I say and quickly remove my hands from their elbows and apologizing quietly.

"Dude, we've been telling Jeno to ask her out for years, so trust me this happening is like a God send." Says who I believe is Tako? "Exactly, wait I don't mean to cut you off but can we introduce ourselves properly, Jeno didn't really do a good job at introducing us since he was very distracted." Looking around I look for a place to chill and get to know each other and I find a bench under a tree decorated in fairy lights. 

"How about we go there and just chill and get to know each other," I say, " Cool?" And from the thumbs up I get from them, I guess they both agreed. After grabbing some drinks and sitting on the bench we decided to start talking.

"Okay I'll start first, my name is Cléo, I'm 21, and I'm a psychology major. I want to become a clinical psychologist so I can help people in the future." I say smiling lightly.

"That's really fire, I've always thought psychology was such a cool subject, I just don't think I have the mental capacity to deal with all of that," Loc boy says, "But my name is Tako Carter, I'm 22 and I'm a fashion major. I plan on becoming an established fashion designer one day." He says.

"Wait, dude that's actually so cool, do you have like a clothing brand or something you're working on?" I ask quite excitedly, I've never met a fashion major before, like I said I like to keep to myself a lot so it's so nice to make friends.

"Yeah, actually Rome and Jeno model for me sometimes, and I'm actually looking for other models too if you're interested." He said, "Who's Rome?" I ask brushing past the last part of the sentence. 

"I'm Rome, my name is actually Roman, but Jeno and Tako like to call me Rome." The curly-headed white boy whose name I now know is Roman said. This was the first I think I heard him speak the whole night and his voice was so smooth. As he said that we heard someone call for Tako's name and he quickly said bye to us quickly as he left.

"So Roman, why don't you tell me about yourself," I say looking straight into his eyes.