CHAPTER 10

After finally convincing Roman to go to the bathroom. I set up my computer so we can finally finish our Studio Ghibli movie marathon that's been put on hold for a long time. I have noticed how Roman has been avoiding the topic of what has been bothering him, but I'm not one to force people to talk about things that make them uncomfortable. I finally decide on a movie, Spirited Away, and prepare some snacks we can munch on while we watch. 

Soon enough he's walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his neck. Have mercy on me Lord, I'm not one of your strongest soldiers. I quickly avert my eyes from looking at him and cough.

"So I was thinking," I say and he hums in response, "Since our Studio Ghibli marathon was held back for a while, " I pause looking at him to make sure there were no signs of refusal, " maybe we should finish could finish our marathon today," I said hopefully looking up at him. He seemed to think about it for a bit but nodded. 

"Okay, well what are you waiting for?" I say cheerfully and pat the space next to me. He puts the towel back in the bathroom and makes his way back to the bed next to me. He smells good, I mean he smells like me so of course he smells good.

"So what movie are we watching tonight?" He asks getting comfortable next to me, leaning his back against the bedframe with his hands behind his neck.

"Tonight's special is Spirited Away," I say and turn towards him. "you ready?" I say smiling at him. 

He chuckles and says something under his breath, " Yes mi lady." I smile and click the play button and start the movie.

-----------------------------------------------------༺✩༻--------------------------------------------------------

Now halfway through the movie, Roman's hands had found their way around my waist. Not that I'm complaining or anything it's nice. We had reached the point in the movie where Chihiro had to go to Grandma Zeniba's House to beg for Haku's forgiveness when I started to hear sniffling. At first, I brushed it off thinking maybe he had a runny nose and he was sniffing but soon I started to feel him tremble and I knew it wasn't just cold sniffles. Pausing the movie, I slightly turn to face Roman and hug him. I don't know what else to do. I don't have a track record of knowing how to deal with people when they cry. I either just stay quiet and stare or hug them. There's no in-between. 

So that's why I chose the latter. I rub his back slowly, making him know that I'm here for him without really saying so. Yeah, I'm curious to find out what going on with him to make him like this. Ok when I word it like that it sounds really weird, okay girl shut up, focus on the matter at hand right now. 

I turn towards this little ledge I have by my bed and grab a bottle of water for him to sip on when he's done. What? when you cry you become dehydrated and I want to make sure he's hydrated. I hesitate for a second, but before I question myself anymore I gently hand him the water to him. Making sure to hold unto it for more support in case he's not strong enough to hold it.

"Hey Rom, here you go," I say softly, "I know we just met, ok not just met, but you know recently met," I stop my rumbling hearing the sound of Rom chuckling lowly, " but just know I'll always be here for you if you need someone," I murmur softly. And for a minute it's pure silence and I fear I scared him off. The moment is cut short when I feel Roman slowly slip his fingers into mine and I give him a little squeeze.

I hear him inhale shakily before he says, "My grandma died," His expression dulled. I inhale sharply in shock, "Rom, you don't have to-," I try to say, "No, no I want to, keeping this inside is only going to make me feel worse," He continues, "She uh-, I found out 2 weeks ago that she had passed away. At first, I didn't want to believe it you know, I mean mama told me about her health, but you know I thought it was like any other health problem, but this time it was serious." He said sadly, "I've been mentally blacked out for about two weeks, rotting in my room, and you know," He says chuckling bitterly, "Today I uh finally decided that I should get myself together, I took a shower, I shaved, hell I even cleaned my room for like the first time since I heard the news. Charged my phone and was bombarded with several missed calls and text messages," He pauses and looks at me, "I'm sorry about that by the way, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you," He says softly.