CHAPTER 13

After what Yon had said I decided to take some time for myself. I mainly focused on working and taking up shifts, and I even started painting again. Anything to keep my mind off of him. Speaking of him ever since our hangout he's been keeping his distance as well. I don't know if I should be anxious or thankful about it. 

Hearing the jingle of the door I look up to greet the customer who just walked in, just to find Roman looking at me—the very man I've been purposefully ignored for a couple days now. I freeze for a second and watch him approach me and soon enough he's right in front of me.

After a couple minutes of silence, he broke it, "Hi Cléo," He breathed out almost like he was out of air.

"Hey Roman," I say in the same tone.

"I've missed you," He says softly, and I hold back awe and chuckle softly.

"I've missed you too," Walking from behind the counter I walk to Roman and open my arms towards him. He wraps his arms around my waist and snuggles his face into my neck while I wrap my arms around his neck. I feel his breath tickle my neck and I giggle pulling away.

"What are you doing here?" I step back slightly to look up at him. My brain shortcircuits a bit when I find him staring right back at me. Like he's looking through me.

"I told you, I missed you. I also texted you multiple times and you didn't answer so I figured you were busy. First option was your dorm, which obviously was a bust, so your job was the next obvious choice," He says letting go of my waist and I almost miss the family of his arms being around me. Clearing my throat, "As much as I love talking to you, I've realized that there's a small line forming by the register and I kinda want to keep my job, but I do get off in an hour so you can always come back and we could hang out," I say slowly walking backward towards the register, " Cool with you?" I raise my thumbs up smiling.

He mirrors my actions puts his hand in his front pockets and nods while smiling, "Cool."

---------------------------------------------------༺✩༻-------------------------------------------------------

Our laughter can be heard by I'm pretty sure everyone in the diner but neither of us could care less.

"Dude what do you mean, pickles are literally the best things in the world, I could eat pickles all day and die a happy man," Rom says as he bites into his burger. We decided to meet up after I got off work at the diner we had gone to last time with the rest of the crew. Today I had finally gotten something other than waffles and chicken, and had ordered a spicy chicken sandwich and specifically asked for no pickles. Now Roman here is giving me so much shit for not liking pickles.

"They're like penises of the vegetable family," He pauses and just stares at me, I stare right back. Soon we both burst into laughter once again and I swear I saw an older lady give me the nastiest glare ever. Which made me laugh even more which caused Roman to laugh even more. In the end, we had to take the rest of the food out to go because we were just causing a ruckus in the diner.

We were walking downtown when we passed a tattoo and piercing parlor and I paused for a moment looking at it and contemplating. Roman finally took notice of my absence next to him and turned around towards me.

"Cléo, you good?" He asks, and I tilt my head towards the parlor and smirk towards him. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Finally processing what I mean he frantically starts shaking his head. "No Cléo, no, look I think you're just tired and you're not thinking straight," He attempts to convince me otherwise while I slowly approach him reaching for his hands and pulling him towards the shop.

"Come on Rom, it's just one little piercing, please Rom, please," I pleadingly say looking up at him, tagging at his arm. I hear him sigh heavily, "Ok," He says under his breath.