CHAPTER 37

*play love song by NCT 127*

Nervous would be an understatement of how I feel.

I called Roman's mother while he was in class and asked about his favorite homemade dish. I hoped he liked it.

I had gotten a text from Yon telling me that Roman was here and I felt my stomach drop. I smooth my hands over my shirt and inhale and exhale. 

I hear the crunching of feet on the leaves and I see Roman's back.

"Hi bunny," I say softly.

He smiles at me softly walking towards me. "Hi my love." And he wraps his arms around me.

I wrap my arms around his waist and inhale his scent. "You smell good baby." I take a step back and admire him.

"You wore your glasses," I bit my lip trying to keep my thoughts PG-13. "You clean up nice bunny," I say huskily.

His eyes darken, "Have you seen yourself moró, give me a spin really quick," And I do as I'm told.

"My goodness my girlfriend is so hot." He says lowly biting his lip and scanning me up and down.

Our lips find their way against each other. My fingers tugged at his roots and his arm tightened around my waist.

Before it can get too intense I softly push Roman back. I lean my head against his, "As much as I would like this to continue, I worked too hard for all of it to go to waste." 

"Well, then, lead the way."

I grin and grab his hand walking in the direction of the picnic set-up.

We both sit down and I grab the wine glass from the basket, handing one to him.  I then reach for the Apple Cider I bought.

"For you and for me."

"Cheers to us my love." He smiles softly, "Cheers bunny."

I feel his intense stare on me but I can't afford to look him in the eye. I'm a bold woman, don't get me work but when it comes to Roman, I fold like a pancake. 

"Stop looking at me like that," I say attempting to hide the very transparent wine glass.

"You're so beautiful, I can't help but stare." I roll my eyes eyes but still smirk at him.

"Oh hush, now I worked hard preparing these meals for you so I hope you enjoy them." I nervously open the basket and bring out the first meal I prepared.

A soft gasp leaves Roman's lips. "So I may have called your mother and asked what your favorite childhood you giagía made for you, and I tried my best to remake some of them for you." 

"The first one being the Horia-"

"The Horiatiki salad." He states. I nod my head and smile at him.

"Now it may not taste as good as your gigía's but I hope you like it." He takes a bit and I sit nervously waiting for his response.

"So ? How was it? Your mum gave me measurements but I kinda DIYED it because you know America has a disease for having fresh things so I tried my best-"

I stop talking when I realize the tears streaming down his face. "Oh baby," I say, reaching over and grabbing his face.

"Baby what's wrong." I caress his face softly.

He sniffles and smiles sadly, "It tastes just like home." A soft smile graces my face. I grab the fork from him and take a bite for myself. The flavors blend so nicely.