CHAPTER 3

I wake up to the sound of giggling coming from outside of the dorm room. I look to Yonhee's side of her room to find her bed empty and assume that it is her outside. Deciding to investigate further and open the door to find her, Jeno snuggled up by the doors, not even realizing I was there. 

They are so cute.

Coughing awkwardly I alert the lovely dovey couple of my existence, and they dart their eyes towards me in shock, actively pushing themselves away from each other. 

"No, no you guys don't have to stop what you're doing, go ahead and continue," I say smirking while they both refuse to look at each other. I don't even why they bother trying to pretend when they're all shy now when I caught them in a heated make-out session when I made my way back to my dorm last night.

Speaking of last night I had an interesting time with Rome since we're basically best friends! I mean this in a sarcastic way.

-----------------

"So Roman, why don't you tell me about yourself, " I say looking straight into his eyes.

I could tell the way I approached him was a little unorthodox due to his reaction. He seemed a bit taken aback, but as quickly as that happened, it disappeared.

"I don't really feel like talking right now, maybe I should just-" He attempts, key words attempt, to get up but I grab his arms before he gets and up and look up at him with pleading eyes. "Come on, the only two people I really know are off doing whatever, Tako just left, and like you're the only one left-" I say before I quickly cut myself off, "Wait that came out wrong," He scoffs quietly, but doesn't attempt to move anymore.

"Okay, under one condition, we get out of here." He says.

I hesitate, a little worried, I mean I just met the guy and he wants to leave a very public place, where people are able to see us. As if he can see the wheels in my head turning he suggests something. "Look I'm not really a party goer and I'm hungry and the food here is trash so I'm just suggesting we grab something to eat, if you don't want to come you can go ahead and stay here, but I'm not going to ask twice." He says rather calmly.

After contemplating for a moment, I decide to go. I quickly text Yon that I'm going to grab some food and I'll be right back. With that, we head out of the park and towards wherever this boy is taking me. We walk in complete silence and the only thing you can hear is our feet against the concrete sidewalk and the low hum of the music from the party. 

"So what's your major?" I ask not being able to stand the silence. Turning slightly to face him, trying to meet his eyes. My mother always stressed the importance of eye contact when talking to someone, and I always felt like not looking into someone's eyes while you speak to them is a bit disrespectful.

"Engineering." He says shortly. He didn't even try to look at me, rude.

"Oh, do you like it ?" I say excitedly.

"Yes, I wouldn't major in it if I didn't." He said quite harshly. I stop walking altogether not being able to stand this. 

"Look, I get that you're not the most sociable person, but I'm trying to make friends here, hell we don't even have to be friends we could be civil at least but you're making it so hard to even be nice. Since it's obvious that you don't want me here I'm just going to leave." I say sharply and turn around and leave.

I cannot stand people who are rude to others for no reason. I get not wanting to talk to people but to be plain rude for no reason other than to be rude I won't accept it. I won't allow myself to be treated like that when I've been nothing but nice.

-------------

Safe to say after that interaction I won't be excited to see or hear from him anytime soon. After that whole speel, I went back to my dorm, and to my utter surprise I see Yon and she was not alone. Let's just say I need to start a habit of knocking when I know Yon is in the dorms.

"I'm guessing everything went nice yesterday seeing that you guys are all lovey-dovey now," I say smirking at the two lovers. 

"Yeah, this dude finally grew some balls and now I'm officially a girlfriend," Says Yon giggling like a schoolgirl. I love seeing her so happy.

"Well, I'm going to leave you guys and get ready for work, I need the money, and money doesn't grow on trees," I say fake crying. "I'll see you guys after I come back, or not, just use protection." I  say winking and going back into the room and get ready for the dreadful day at work. Not wanting to speak any negativity into the day I say a quick prayer, listen to a little gospel while I apply a light layer of makeup, and wear an outfit that makes me feel good. Look good, feel good. Thankfully my job doesn't have a strict dress code and is very lax on the clothing we wear. I mean it is a music store so I hope they wouldn't. 

Before leaving my dorm, I tidy up a bit. Another thing my mum taught me is that I should always clean up after myself, especially before I leave the house because I never know who could be coming back with me, and I want to represent myself in a clean manner. I spray a little bit of this room spray I got from Bath and Body Works.  After taking a look around and being satisfied with the outcome I close the door and put on my headphones before I start the journey to the music store.

Feeling a bit hungry I decide to stop by a local coffee shop and grab a strawberry refresher and a chocolate chip cookie. I'm not the biggest fan of coffee, and I'm not saying coffee is bad, no, but whenever I drink coffee I feel this rather urgent feeling to poop my guts out, and I would rather not want to poop during my 6-hour shift so I just stay away from it in general.

After grabbing the essentials, I make the journey with Brent Faiyaz blasting through my headphones.

Cléo's Outfit