CHAPTER 12

After an interesting lunch, Yon and I decided to have a much-needed girls' night. Finding out I had a crush was news to shake the world, not literally but to Yon and I it was a big shake in our world. I've been anti-relationship since elementary school, all because I grew up as a dark skin girl. I would see everyone I know getting into relationships even if they were childish little relationships, I still wanted that.

In middle school, I had started developing, like any adolescent and I started getting noticed for it. I relished in the attention, I thought that finally I would get noticed by someone but I started to realize that was all that it was. I feel like this is a relatable feeling for a lot of dark skin girls. Being only loved for our bodies and nothing else. I had a couple of boyfriends here and there but they were never serious and never lasted long enough to be considered a relationship.

High school was a whole new experience for me. Due to my developed body, many guys approached me, I had seniors thinking I was a senior and older men catcalling at me. I received my slew of backhanded comments like 'you're pretty for a black girl' or 'you're not like other black girls'. Like what the f*ck is that supposed to mean. When I finally did get into my first relationship I was naive and innocent and because of this, I allowed myself to be in a relationship that not only ruined my self-esteem but my self-worth as well. Ever since then, I made myself a promise to never let a man dictate how I feel about myself. To never allow them to have authority I react to certain things. And now this little white boy has me cheating like a mad dog. I can't even find myself to be mad at him.

Rummaging through my skincare drawer, I contemplate what type of masks I'm in the mood for. "Odo," I call out to Yon.

"Mhmm," She responds.

"What kind of face mask do you want to use tonight, sheet, clay, or gel mask?" I question.

"Clay mask all the way babe," She replies and I grab my favorite clay mask. Setting up everything in the bathroom.

"Babe, everything is set up, oh don't forget my speaker, bring it to the bathroom too," I exclaim. Soon enough I hear her footsteps approaching. I connect my phone to the speaker and I Want You To Know by Selena ft. Zedd plays through. I hum lightly the music and soon enough I'm done applying the mask on my face. I turn towards Yon and can't help but laugh. We both start laughing at each other hysterically and start white girl dancing to the music.

Soon enough we're back in the room painting our toenails and gossiping. "So, how are you and Jeno?" I cheekily ask.

"We're good you know, he's really sweet and kind, and I can tell that he really loves me," She says lovingly almost in a trance-like state.

"Have you guys said the big L word yet?" I continue painting my nails.

"Yeah," She squeals out swinging her feet. I scoot closer to her and grab her hands.

"Tell me everything," I eagerly say to her.

"So he had planned this really romantic picnic date. I told him about how I've been really craving some homemade Korean food, seeing that my family is all the way back in Korea. So he drove all the way back home and asked his mum to make some Korean food for me. All my favorites by the way."

Already cooing at this.

"We went out to the picnic and the set-up was so beautiful Cléo, I kid you not I cried a little. Then we sat down and he talked about how he had the biggest crush on me since the first time he saw me during freshman orientation." I squeal smacking her shoulder. "Then there was a beautiful sunset and we just watched it together. Then he just said it. At first, I didn't believe it, but he said it again and I cried and kissed him," We both squealed in excitement, "That night I gave the most loving I love you back if you know what I mean," She winks implying what I knew what she was talking about.

"BITCHHHHHHHH, " I shout out excitedly, "Wait, wait, did he lay down the pipe," I cock my eyebrows at her. My answer was given when she couldn't stop the smile from spreading from her face and her quick nods.

"He was so gentle and sweet and loving, my god was he good. Like really good, maybe I should call him over for some tonigh-" She reaches for her phone in an attempt to text Jeno but I snatch it out of her hand.

"Uh, uh, it's girls' night, let's not do that, plus I have to tell you about .. Rom," I say shyly.

"Oh Rom.. " She says teasingly. "So what's up between you two anyways," She curiously asks.

I exhale, "We got closer recently due to some personal things on his side, and I've been comforting him for a while. He's been staying over and I'm starting to get used to him being next to me all the time. I've let him stay in my bed with OUTSIDE clothes," And she gasps in shock, "I know, I know, and I feel like I wouldn't do that if I didn't like him, or is it sympathy? I don't know Yon, it's too early to tell but I do know that I like seeing him happy, and seeing him in such a broken state for so long hurt me, so bad." I sigh sadly.

"Yes, I said I have a crush on Roman, but I think it's more of an attractive crush. Another reason is that I've gotten so used to seeing him and being around him, but what would happen if we weren't always together like this? Was I just someone there for him to come to when he needed comfort and that was just it?" I explain.

"I think you should just take some time to process it, some time away from him to see how you feel, after you feel like you've had enough time to sort out your feelings you can always talk to him about it," Yon says sympathetically. "Enough with the thinking tonight, tonight was supposed to be for us girls and that's it. Let's order some pizza and have a studio ghibli marathon," She exclaims excitedly grabbing her phone and starts ordering dominos with cinnamon twist. Just what I needed. I wave my hand and point towards the bathroom to notify her that I'll be in the bathroom to wash of my face. A couple minutes later she walks in and starts rinsing off her face as well and then we finish of the the rest of our nightly routine.

15 minutes later we get a call from the front desk of our dorm telling us our food was here and we scurry downstairs and grab our food and make it back to our room spending the rest of the night munching on some good food and simping over Howl.

I feel like I'm on a roll, this chapter is shorter than usual but we are finally getting some girls time and the girls expressing how they feel. What do you think about Cléo's confessing ? Let me know, please comment and vote and I'll see you in the next chapter !!!