Chapter 1: After the fearless tour

Author's Note: I wrote this a little while ago, after a internet friend of mine at the time gave me the idea. This is my first time getting to post this. Hope you like it!

Taylor was finally home again. The Fearless tour had lasted for what felt like a 100 years, but now finally I heard her ring the doorbell of my apartment, and I ran down the stairs and to the door as fast as I could.

I opened the door and soft arms instantly swapped around me. I could smell her perfume, and closed my eyes for a second before I opened them again. Nothing was better than seeing her in front of me, I tought as she let go. I had missed her so much. We smiled at each other, and I offered to take her backpack, which she gave me without talking her eyes off mine.

"I've missed you." She said, and her eyes shimmered. I nodded. "I've missed you too." I replied, and we started walking into the apartment. "Promise me that I'll be with you on the next tour." I said and put her bag down carefully in the guest room. She laid down the things she held in her arms, and we walked into the kitchen.,

"I will." She promised, and I smiled.

"Nothing has changed here." She said, and I laughed. "Nope. Want something to eat?"

She thought for a second, then shook her head. "No thanks." She said, and I shrugged. "Me neither." I said and we walked into the living room. "So, a couple of your fans have sent the fan-letters to me instead of you because they think that I'll read them to you." I said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Like, I feel so famous." I said and found two boxes full of fan-letters. We both laughed, and I picked up one of them. "I mean, I can read some of them." I said.

"Yeah, just don't read those that aren't fan-letters. Haters won't be tolerated." She said like a teacher, and we smiled at each other again before I started reading one of them.

"Hi Taylor. I'm writing to you because I really enjoy your music." I read, and Taylor started gilliging. "I've heard that about 10 000 times." She said, and moved closer to me to read too. I continued reading, and it was basically just the same fangirling until one sentence.

"-Could you maybe bring Y/N to the stage once? I saw her with you in the MTV special and she and I basically have the same personality. I love you so much!" I read, and Taylor and I's smiling faces faded and were replaced with more serious ones.

"Good idea..." Taylor started and read the name. "...Tracy."

"Do you mean that?" I asked her, and she nodded. "Yeah, we could sing some songs on stage once. Sounds like that's one of the things the people want, and for once I can give it to them. Of course, if you want..."

"Yes!" I said and folded the letter and put it back in the box. Taylor was going to stay at my apartment this week because we both felt like we needed some girl time with just us two. It was May, and the flowers bloomed all over the ground when we walked over the grass on our way to the river. I lived in the city, but we were still in the country. I like the mix of shopping malls and nature here.

As we ran over the grass almost completely covered in flowers, we both felt the feeling of freedom. Summer was the best, in my opinion. We were both 18 years old, but we had very different lives. She had sold out shows and Billboard hot 100 songs and records and even maybe grammys soon. Meanwhile I lived by myself in a small city, working small shifts constantly figuring out what to do in life. I joked about being a little 'famous' because of Taylor. I could be stopped on the streets for pictures sometimes, but it was nothing like her.

When she was with me she was free of that. We went to the grocery store, relaxed by the river, sat on my balcony and just had a normal, calm life. I worked in a coffee shop some streets away from where my apartment was, and while I worked there Taylor liked to just stay home and, as you might guess, write songs.

"How's Austin doing?" I asked Taylor as we sat on a bridge over a small lake with our feet swinging in the wind. My hand between us almost touched hers, and it made my heart beat speed up a bit. "Good, I think." She replied, and turned her head to look at me. I could see her so clearly now, her eyes glimmering from the reflection of the sun in the water. We kept everything to ourselves these days with only us away from everything else. 

Her shoulder brushed against mine as we walked over the bridge and to the fields around the blocks of my home. Everything blurred together, and before I knew it I watched as she picked up my guitar and started humming before strumming her delicate fingertips over the strings slowly. I sat down and watched as she started singing as well. "You were in college working part-time, waiting tables." She sang, and I focused completely on her as she paused. 

"I wrote this so long ago, but am wondering if I should add it to my next album." She explained to me, and I nodded. "Can you listen and tell me what you think?"

"Yes, of course!" I replied, and we shared a smile before she looked back down and continued. "Left a small town, never looked back..."

We sat on the balcony sipping ice tea and painting our toenails as the song still replayed in my head. "I was a flight risk, with a fear of falling. Wondering why we bother with love, if it never lasts?"

She's got a pont, and I knew that. I watched as her curly blonde hair swayed in the calm wind, as she focused on the light blue nail polish below her. No matter what she did, she looked flawless doing it.

I knew the song would become a hit, and knew it had been. "I say, can you believe it? As we're lying on the couch..." She had sung earlier that day with me, and I recalled when she was fourteen with me in the crowd watching her play the same thing.

I told her exactly how I felt. She should release anything she makes, as every single one is the best song I have ever heard. And especially that one, Mine. She giggled the way only she could and squinted her nose. "Thank you so much! Let's see if I get Scott to like it as well." She said, the smile fading.

"I just feel like I'm never going to get that love. From friends to lovers, catching you in surprise yet the perfect moment." She explained to me by the water. I felt my heartbeat quicken once more as I looked over at her. She turned her head to me, and her eyes flickered down to my lips and up to my eyes a couple times. Her blue eyes, pink lips and curly hair was all I saw before we leaned in.

She smiled against my lips as it seemed like her wish came true.