Chapter 29: Ocean blue

I've been watching Taylor for a while, in a way I haven't before.

We've been friends for a long time, but it's only now that I'm thinking about something different than I always did. She is not only a friend I trust and like, but with whom I am more obsessed with.

I hold onto every memory and thing she gives me as if it's a last breath before diving into water.

"Do you have any plans this evening, y/n?" Taylor asked me, and I was ripped out of the cloud of thoughts that surrounded me, and looked into her eyes. The ocean blue eyes looking in mine made me feel like I might sink and drown and die.

But happily.

"No, not really." I answered, looking around the street we were standing in.

"I mean, if you wanted to do something I'm down." I told her, returning my eyes to her's with one third of my mind unwilling.

One third of my mind knows how we are friends, and that is all we will be. 

Still, that night we kissed was forever burned into my memories and recalled every time it had room to.

And every time I look into her eyes, without fail.

I can't stop thinking about those eyes, blue and secretive.

"We can go to the cinema, if you want. It's right here." She suggested, pointing behind her in the direction of the cinema.

I nodded and smiled as if I didn't have a thousand thoughts in my head at the same time. As if I hadn't agreed to everything she suggested, no matter what it was.

My eyes were intertwined with her blue ones again, and I wanted to cry.

It's not fair.

But with the same smile I walked with her across the street, chatting casually and looking around, me up at the blue sky.

The cold November air was replaced with a warm drizzle of popcorn and sugar when we entered the cinema, and I took a deep breath.

"Shall we share popcorn?" Taylor asked me, and I nodded energetically. "Yes, definitely. I'll get a coke, want something?" I questioned, and she shrugged.

"You can decide for me if you want to. I'll go get the popcorn!" She told me before walking over to the popcorn aisle. She was being glared at as she passed a few people, them wondering if it really was her.

Wondering if it really was Taylor Swift.

I smiled to myself as I stood with the drinks, and chose a strawberry soda. I wasn't sure, but guessed she might like it.

Turning around again, I saw her taking a selfie with a fan in the long line to buy tickets and snacks.

I felt protective of her when I returned to this side, a little closer than I had been before. Our shoulders brushed as we later paid, and on the way out I looked around us to make sure nothing more would happen. Often I forgot how she was more than a person.

She was the music industry.

"Y/n, relax. It's fine." Taylor told me quietly, noticing my eyes looking around. 

I looked to the other side of her as we entered the right hallway to our hall, when she placed a hand on my cheek. My head was turned, making me look into her eyes.

We were alone in a part of the hallway that went a little inside, for a door for the staff. In the blue light of LED lights in the ceiling I looked into her eyes.

"What is wrong?" She asked softly at the troubled look in my eyes.

I've never fallen this hard, looking into her ocean eyes.

"Do you remember the night we kissed?" I asked her, searching for a change in the look on her face. I didn't see any.

"How could I forget? Still, was there anything more than just that, a kiss?" She asked, her voice shivering slightly when she heard someone pass us. 

She closed her eyes and turned her head in an attempt for them to not notice who she was, succeeding.

They passed, and she slowly opened her eyes again.

"Could it be?" I asked her, and she once more looked into my eyes. A smile spread over her lips, and she raised her head a bit. "Wouldn't you like that?" She asked me, and I smiled back with no clue on what else to do.

No clue, other than to let the popcorn bucket down on the floor, and my lips touched hers again.

I fell deep into those ocean eyes.

Without knowing that so did she, into the enchanting of mine.