Chapter 19: Catched watching her tour

It was yet another night of me being alone, and I balanced snacks in my arms as I walked into the living room. Taylor had told me to have a nice time while she was gone, knowing I mostly just stare out of the window until she arrives.

I wouldn't call myself needy or obsessed. I just... love her.

I tucked myself into a blanket, and reached for the controller. On the home screen was Netflix, telling me I had to watch the Reputation Stadium Tour live movie. I laughed a little to myself, before I shrugged and pressed play. This was a good example of something I most likely hadn't seen with Taylor. And most likely would love.

The introduction started, and my eyes stared at the screen. The clips and parts of the reporter's voices were all over the screen, and I could remember where every part was from. I recalled what they were talking about. And... it made my heart beat quicken. 

"Reputation." Taylor's computer-like voice said, and I took a deep breath. It kept going, until...

"Baby, let the games begin!" I heard, and clapped my hands. "Baby, lets doooo iiiiit!" I squealed, already so into the movie that I had forgotten all about my lonely night. Taylor's face was on the screen.

"Are you ready for it?" She sang, and I focused on the screen so closely that the cat on the floor next to me must have noticed.

Benjamin walked over the sofa cushions with his little paws and laid down in my lap. I stroked it behind my ears, followed by a result of purring.

My eyes making contact with hers through the screen made my heart rise up to my throat, and I held my breath. Silly. Letting it out later, I shook my head and laid it back. "My god..." I mumbled, and looked at the ceiling. 

Benjamin looked questioningly at me, and I smiled and stroked it more as I looked back on the screen.

"In the middle of the night..." I sang quietly with the song on TV, and felt like a fool for letting her make me feel this way, even through a screen.

Her smile after the song made a tear fall down my face, without me noticing at first. She smiled and looked proudly around the stadium. But it was more. Almost relieved, and... reassured she could still be who she always had been. 

She had changed, but was still Taylor. She was comforted, for once by someone else than me. And her mother Andrea, of course.

She changed, and so did the look on her face. It was as if her eyes darkened, yet shone with the excitement you get from pure revenge. 

"I never trust a narcissist." She sang, and tilted her head. "Oh, but they love me." She sang, perfectly. And in that moment, I couldn't help but forget about everything around me.

Time passed by way too quickly.

"IF A MAN TALKS SHIT THEN I OWE HIM NOTHING!" I yelled to the song, and closed my eyes falling back down on the couch. 

"Girl..." I whispered, and opened my eyes again. "Tell 'em." I said, and Benjamin meowed, making me laugh. "Yes." I agreed with the cat, and looked back on the screen.

It was such a special album to me. Not only because most of the songs were secretly about me, but because of the way she shows the strongness, yet softness of love underneath. How she doesn't care, yet does for the people who matter.

She has figured out the balance of the mess that is her life. She has risen again, up from what everyone thought was the end.

After the song, a smile showed up on her face again. 

"Well, good evening Dallas Texas-" She started talking casually, and I giggled. It took me by surprise, as that was something I very rarely do.

Her speech went on, and I smiled so hard that it started to hurt at one point. 

"-So here you are, deciding to be with us on, you may have heard this, it's a little known fact; this is the last night of the US tour. And so you decided not only to spend your saturday night with us, but to come here to commemorate the last night on this tour that has beant to much to me." Taylor said, with music playing silently in the background.

"That is such a beautiful thing. Thank you for deciding all of those things tonight. I would even say... It is something even more than beautiful. It's like a step above beautiful." Taylor said, and showed with her hand.

"What's the word for that, Dallas?"

"Gorgeous." A voice said, and it started playing. I sat up, ready for the karaoke. "You should take it as a compliment that I got drunk and made fun of the way you talk." We sang together, and I nodded. I did.

"You should think about the consequence of your magnetic field being a little too strong." I sang, and moved to the beat making Benjamin decide to sit next to me instead. I didn't notice anything, because nothing else mattered to me at that moment. 

I didn't hear the key turn in the door, or footsteps in the hall. I didn't hear the coat being hung up on the wall, nor the feet walking into the living room behind me.

"Ocean blue eyes, looking in mine. I feel like I might sink and drown and dieeeee!" I sang to the song, and heard a third voice behind me. I turned my head quickly, and Taylor's beaming face was smiling at me.

"Hey, love. Did you miss me?" She asked, followed by a sweet laugh. "Taylor, when did you get here?" I asked, and she walked around the couch to sit down next to me, on the other side than the cat. "Right now. Sorry to interrupt your karaoke with..." She looked over at the screen. "Me."

I didn't want to take my eyes off her real presence next to me, but decided to look at the TV as well. 

"I promise you I will be home more soon. It's a lot of work, but I wanna be with my love!" Taylor said, and wrapped her arms around me. 

"So I wasn't the only one missing the other. Love you too, Tay." I replied softly, burning my face in her neck.

"You make me so happy, it turns back to sad, yeah. There's nothing I hate more than what I can't have-" The Taylor on the TV sang, and I smiled.

"You have me now." I told Taylor, and she put her head up and kissed me.