Chapter 22: A slight malfunction

We were supposed to be just friends...

"Hi, Taylor!" I called from a table in the cafe. We lived on separate sides of the city, but saw each other here and there. Her face lit up and she walked over to me with the coffee she just ordered in hand. Her red nail polish reminded me of the time of year. September. I knew for a fact that she loved this time of the year as well.

"Don't you just love fall?" She asked with a smile on her lips as she sat down. "Oh, yes." I sighed. How could anyone be as sweet as her?

...maybe I'll see you out some weekend? Depending on what kind of mood and situation-ship I'm in. And what's in my system...

I spotted Taylor across the room, dancing. I looked at her, mesmerized. I was never supposed to feel like this, but I couldn't ignore it. I didn't just like her. I loved her. I walked through the room, my lavender ballet flats carefully stepping over the confetti on the floor. 

"Hi." I spoke over the music, and she looked over at me. Her eyeshadow glimmered in the lights around us in the room. 

"Hi, Y/n!" She exclaimed and seemed truly happy about my presence there. My heart fluttered.

That evening, we both talked on our way home. A brief interruption, and a slight malfunction came across that night. "I really like you, Y/n." Taylor spoke, and I laughed.

"How much wine did you have?"

"Just one glass. I'm totally down to earth." She defended herself humorously, and I felt my heart pound in my chest. "Do you think I couldn't like you?" She asked me.

"No, I..." I started speaking, but my voice faded for a moment. I looked above us, at the blood moonlit. It was special. An exception to the regular moon. I looked at her again. Perhaps this could also be an exception. I could speak my truth as well.

"It's just too good to be true." I said, my eyes meeting hers. She smiled softly in the light of the starry night. I took a step closer to her and she placed a hand on my left cheek. A moment passed of our eyes flickering over the other's face, before we leaned in.

It wouldn't last, we both thought so. But five seconds after our second kiss that night, it was as if she attached herself to me with a stitch.

The system of the pattern from the past was breaking down.

Taylor thought that the love she had with dudes who gave nothing was romance, as they had no chance. There is something romantic to it, until it breaks apart.

But unlike them, our love had now lasted 2100 days.

It must be counterfeit... I think there's been a glitch