Chapter 7: Delicate in the living room

Swaying through the living room with my feet lightly dancing over the tree floor, I was sure.

This will work.

Our playlist was playing in the background, and I had never felt more peaceful and comforted. Taylor's 6th album Reputation had just been given out, and as she barely didn't do any promotion we had much more time together. 

"Is it cool that I said all that? Is it chill that you're in my head? Cause I know that it's delicate." Her beautiful voice sang. Normally, we didn't play many of her songs. She couldn't bear listening to herself for too long. But to me, she was my favorite artist. Delicate was one of the exceptions of songs I could play anytime, anyway.

"Delicate."

"Isn't it, isn't it, isn't it...?"

"Delicate."

"Third floor on the west side, me and you." Taylor sang, and we started dancing in a more hip-hop kind of way.

"Handsome, you're a mansion with a view." I sang, followed by her voice.

"Do the girls back home touch you like I do?" She asked, and I smiled. "Not a chance." I said, making her chuckle softly. "I bet." She spoke over the music, half joking. The truth is, she wouldn't know. She could just take my word.

This song had such a big place in my heart. Nobody but us knew exactly what the song was about, or how the lines had been made. The memories over my head as we sang.

"Sometimes I wonder when you sleep, are you ever dreaming of me?"

The long nights when she disappeared from the public, and I showed up to comfort and be there. She grew stronger as the weeks went by, and I was there. Because even if her reputation had never been worse, I loved her for her. She had to be herself, in order for everything to turn out okay.

"Sometimes when I look into your eyes, I pretend you're mine all the damn time."

This line would never fail to make me smile and feel the urge to lean in for a kiss. The fact that she loved me back... It was too good to be true.

Dancing around the living room, she let my head fall back, and leaned me up again to meet her lips.