Chapter 17: Filming a video for GMA

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside the bedroom window, and distant meows from downstairs. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes before I could see better. Taylor's blurry face smiled at me.

"Goodmorning, sleeping beauty." She said softly, and I blinked to see her better. "Goodmorning, did you sleep well?" I asked with a voice that cracked, still not used to the life of being awake. Taylor seemed to find it sweet, as she smiled at me even wider with that glimmer in her eyes. "Yes, after we fell asleep at like 3AM." She said, and swung her feet out of the bed to stand up. I stood up on the madrass, and felt my head spin for a moment.

After a few minutes brushing our teeth and me watching as Taylor put on some light makeup, we both stood in our bedroom again and looked in the closet.

Taylor found a white and blue floral top, and I took a t-shirt and one of her newest merch items, the folklore cardigan. With blue jeans for me and black pants for her, we were done. We had no plans anyway, so put in perspective we could have worn pajamas the whole day. She smiled at me when she saw my chosen outfit.

"Really?" She asked, and I nodded. "I love it." I said truthfully, and Taylor blushed and took my hand. "I'm glad." She said, and led me out of the room to walk downstairs to eat breakfast.

"So, we don't have any plans today."

"How about we don't make any eider?"

"That sounds nice, dear." Taylor said, and smiled at me as she ate her sandwich. I was so happy she had recovered from her eating disorder, and felt the urge to cry as I watched her enjoy it.

She would tell anyone asking that I was the one helping and making her recover, I knew for a fact. I think I finally accepted how she actually loves me. The aura of peace was around the whole house as I calmly walked into the hallway. The doormat with big letters reading HOPE YOU LIKE CATS made me smile again, as it was one of the best purchases we had made. The round room with a staircase that went around the walls up was around me as I looked around. We had really managed to make this a cozy house, I thought with a small smile.

Taylor sat in the kitchen feeding the cats, and I heard her speak to them. Some might say that's strange, but it's normal to us.

"Who's the prettiest cat in the world?" She asked, and I heard her laugh.

"Awh." She said, and I could see the face I was sure she was making in my mind. Her phone rang from the table next to me, and without a second thought I took it and walked through the hallway to Taylor.

Taylor stood up, and looked thankfully at me. "Thank you." She said, and looked down at the screen. Her smile disappeared before she led it to her ear, answering. "Hi." She said with a kind voice and nodded. "Yes... Today?" She asked, and sighed.

"Ok, today. Yes, I will read the eMail. Believe me, I can get this done before midnight. Should I just post it right away?" She asked, replying to the voice on the phone.

I leaned against the counter, and felt Benjamin's small paws walk over my toes. I looked down at him, and smiled before leaning down to learn the cat from the floor. I stroked it calmly over the soft fur, and soon heard purring.

"Ok, I will send it to you. Yes, ok. Have a nice day, talk to you soon! No worries." Taylor said, before putting her phone down. She looked over at me with a look that said it all. "Work." I said, and she nodded. "I have to film this video for Good Morning America." She said, and turned to walk into the hallway. "So, you need the camera? I think you could just film it on your phone as well." I suggested, and Taylor turned to see me.

"I don't know, is this that serious or not?"

"I mean, I don't know."

"I could film it on my phone."

"Selena filmed a music video on her phone." I reminded her, and with that the decision was made.

She read the eMail of what she had to say a couple times, before she had memorized it. It was as if she was made for this job, and I taught it every time I saw her doing anything involving work.

Taylor put on a little more makeup, (eyeliner) as she had put on some before today and didn't need to do much. She looked beautiful eider way, I reminded her. And as always, she replied by looking up at me with a giggle, starting to flirt.

"Thanks, but look at you! Even wearing my cardigan, ugh I'm so in love." She said, and put down the ink eyeliner and closed the small mirror in her hand.

"Taylor." I breathed, and she smiled.

She chuckled softly, obviously thinking about her next choice of words.

"You do, though. Did it hurt, my love?"

"What hurt?"

"When you fell from heaven into my arms?"

I laughed and covered my eyes. "Oh my god." I said.

Taylor put an arm on my cheek and kissed me. I kissed her back, feeling my heart pounding in my chest.

"Love you." I reminded her, and she nodded. With her forehead against mine, she stroked her thumb over my cheek. "I love you too, Y/n."

Pretty soon, we got back into business. She sat down on a bench we have in the hall, and held the phone up in front of her. She pressed record, and was about to say something when she laughed.

"I can't concentrate, your eyes draw me under." She said, and I felt like flying as those words hit me. "I can go into the kitchen." I suggested, but she shook her head and stopped filming. "No, stay."

Soon she pressed record again, and I immediately saw that this was the one. "Good morning America. It's Taylor Swift." She said, "I just released my surprise 8th album. It's called Folklore, and I wanted to show you a clip from the music video for the song Cardigan. I hope you like it."

And with a small smile, she stopped recording.

She stood up, and I gave her a high-five.

"Nailed it!" I exclaimed, and she nodded. "Yes, let's go!" She replied, excitedly looking down to watch it again.

"That's it. It's that easy." She said after seeing it, and pressed send. As she wrote the eMail, I played with the fabric of the soft cardigan. The silver stars had to be my favorite detail, next to how it was knitted and my girlfriend's name being on it... I loved the whole thing.

It was just a matter of seeing where the day led us as she stood up, and her eyes met mine again.