Chapter 23: Autumn studio sessions

Requested by a dear friend of mine, who is also a big lover of autumn...

Fog was on the windowpane when I was sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee. I looked out at the cold weather, and ahead of me again at Taylor. She had made herself a pumpkin spice latte from a can I bought for her a few days ago, and looked down at her phone on an email from Jack.

She was wearing a brown, red and white checkered autumn sweater and blue jeans, and I figured she couldn't be more happy in autumn's aura and time.

She was going to the studio again today, but I couldn't bear the thought of another day almost entirely away from her. I sat up a little in my chair and put my coffee cup back on the table, ready to ask the question I planned to ask all along.

"Taylor, I was just wondering..." I spoke, and she immediately shut her phone off and put it on the table next to her, her blue eyes looking at me. It made my heart flutter slightly before I continued my question.

"Could I come with you to the studio today? You work so much these days, and I don't have a shift at my cafe today, so it's a possibility." I asked, and carefully explained myself too. I saw her face light up with a sweet smile.

"Of course, love! I would actually love that." She said, and I smiled back. 

Oh, how I loved her. How can her every move and every word be so flawlessly perfect to me?

The quiet morning passed almost in a blur.

I put on my jacket, as autumn mornings were always more wintry. Taylor took on a red scarf that couldn't help but remind me of All Too Well, like the little Swiftie that I was.

We made small talk as we stepped over the frost-covered ground to the car we were going to take to the studio, driven by a bodyguard. This was all normal for me now.

Her life was intertwined with mine, properly.

Every night we slept next to each other, as the mixture of best friends and lovers.

In the car, she kissed me lightly on the lips, and smiled a little before leaning back in for a more gentle kiss. I put my hand on her cheek and felt my eyelashes flutter from the sudden tears of joy at the realization of how this was my life.

That happened very often.

I found myself sitting on a sofa in the studio and dreamily absorbing Taylor singing in the small glass box with a microphone, stool and small table. I followed Jack with my eyes as well, editing and fixing. We wrote some songs, and I got to make suggestions sometimes.

There wasn't much to write this time, though. Most of the time went to the re-recording of Speak Now.

"Foolish one, stop checking your mailbox for confessions of love that ain't never gonna come. You will take the long way, you will take the long way down." Taylor recorded a perfect audio of the chorus, and smiled a bit at herself when she took off her headphones again.

It was the fifth and last recording, I think she knew that too. But as the perfectionist she is, even though the other recordings were beautiful, she had to be sure she got the best of herself.

"Was that okay?" She asked, looking from Jack to me and back at Jack.

"That was perfect." He replied, and I nodded enthusiastically. She giggled at my energy and smiled widely at us both. "Thanks guys." She said, and took on her headphones again. She was determined to get the job done, that was obvious.

"Okay, let's start on the next verse." She said, and Jack nodded before doing something on the pc in front of him. I admired how he knew music so well, and genuinely cared about the artists he worked with.

"You know how to keep me waiting, I know how to act like I'm fine..." She soon sang, and I leaned my head back on the sofa with my eyes glued to the sight of my girlfriend.

My girlfriend.

I felt like I had to run around town and tell everyone about it, in little screams of joy.

The next time she took off her headphones, she walked out of the glass box in the room and stepped over the wooden floor to me. Sitting down next to me, Taylor kissed my cheek.

"It's comforting to have you in the studio with me, Y/n. It really is." She said, and I smiled against her lips that met mine a half second later.

I looked over at Jack from behind her, seeing him looking at the pc instead of us. He was one of the only people who knew about us, but he let it be our thing.

I pulled away from her kiss for a moment. 

"I wouldn't mind being here often." I told her with flushed cheeks.