Chapter 38: Sleeping Beauties

As the city's bustling noises dimmed into the background, Taylor finally stepped into the safe space of our shared apartment.

The day had been long, filled with endless meetings and studio sessions that weren't exactly enjoyable today. 

She was tired. 

All she craved now was the warmth of her own home and the comforting presence of her girlfriend, me.

Pushing the door open gently, Taylor tiptoed into the living room, her tired eyes scanning the familiar surroundings. 

Soft lamplight spilled across the room, casting a warm glow over the scene before her.

And there, on the sofa, nestled amidst a sea of cushions, I was sleeping with my tousled hair spread like a halo around my peaceful face.

Taylor couldn't help but smile at the sight, her heart swelling with affection. 

I would never be aware of how I had always been a quiet beauty in her eyes, but in moments like these- when I was lost in slumber, with her beloved cats curled up beside me- I radiated a different kind of charm, one that tugged at Taylor's heartstrings.

The soft purring of her cats made it feel like a wave of contentment washed over her, and she gently sighed with a soft smile forming on her lips.

Approaching the sofa with cautious steps, Taylor tried her best not to disturb the lovely moment before her.

Finally, she sat down next to us on the sofa, sinking comfortably into the pillows. Leaning back, Taylor watched as my chest rose and fell in rhythmic harmony with her breaths.

The weight of the day began to lift from Taylor's shoulders, replaced by a sense of peace that only I could bring. 

She marveled at how effortlessly I seemed to slip into a state of serenity, even amidst the chaos of our busy lives.

If only she knew that all I needed was her... Words are not enough. I have to shout it. Show it.

How everything can happen without affecting me greatly as long as she is by my side.

And somehow, while watching me, it was as if Taylor knew.

Suddenly, one of her cats, Olivia, stirred.

Stretching lazily before hopping onto Taylor's lap with a soft meow, it started licking its paws.

Taylor chuckled softly, running her fingers through the cat's fur as it settled against her. In that moment, she felt the feeling of belonging that she had never known before I came into her life once again.

But just as Taylor allowed herself to bask in the tranquility of the moment, I woke up from my slumber, blinking groggily as I glanced around the room. 

My eyes landed on Taylor, a sleepy smile gracing my lips as she reached out to intertwine our fingers.

"Hey." I murmured, my voice husky with sleep. "What time is it?"

Taylor glanced at the clock on the wall, a small laugh escaping her lips. "Late enough for us to be in bed." She replied, her heart swelling with affection as she looked into my sleepy eyes.

With a soft chuckle, I nodded, allowing Taylor to help me to my feet. "I'm sorry if I woke you, my sleeping beauties." Taylor seemed to tell both me and her cats as we made our way out of the living room. 

I smiled over at her as we stepped through the hallway and up the stairs together- I couldn't help it.

Her bangs lay perfectly over her dazzling eyes as always, and it looked like she was slightly blushing.

She no longer smelled like her perfume or the cent of our apartment, but car seats, offices and studios.

It would probably end after a few hours with me, I thought as I slowed down my footsteps. As we entered our bedroom, I stepped forward to stand before her. 

She stopped walking, and looked at me a little puzzled. Just when she was about to open her mouth, I smirked and leaned in.

I noticed that her lipstick hadn't been reapplied for a while as I stood and felt her hand slide into my hair. 

We were close to each other, and with lips that moved in sync with our breathing, it was as if the world outside our walls faded. Our hearts even began to beat in rhythm, I noticed at one point.

"Feeling better?" I asked, breaking the kiss with rosy cheeks. Her hand traced my cheek softly, and she nodded. "Yes."

Taylor couldn't shake the feeling of warmth that lingered in her chest- a feeling that reminded her, once again, of the simple joys that awaited her every night after being 'The Music Industry'.

Author's note: This made me giggle. Now, tell me where my sudden choices of googling rare words and using them come from? Like, 'tranquility' and 'contentment'? This is so Folklore-ish of me.