Chapter 12: Eyes intruding

Author's Note: This may be a bit dark for some of you, it's just from personal experience with some added sweetness and imagination for it to feel comforting <3 I love you all THANK YOU FOR 1,4K WHAT

Eyes. They are everywhere. The small balls who see and record memories as they go. They see the world, and each pair of eyes sees it differently. They have always, and will always, be everywhere. But it's on the extreme at this point, I am well aware.

"It's ok." Taylor whispered, and I looked up into her warm lovely eyes unsurely. She leaned down, and kissed me. I laid a hand on her cheek, and kissed her back passionately.

"Just stay with me." I asked, and she nodded.

"I promise, my girl."

I took her hand, and looked down at the ground as we started walking. After being in the dark of the roof behind a wall, we were out. All the eyes were on us, and my hand tightened around Taylor's. 

She gave it a small squeeze, and started moving her thumb over my palm. How she knew it made me relax still, made my heart flutter. I looked up, and my eyes met the hundreds around us.

They may call me crazy for how I act when it comes to eyes, but I don't think anyone is more frightening than them themselves.

All the eyes watching.

Watching her, watching me.

I stood in the window later, looking out. The feeling of people watching never shook off, and I could never seem to relax nowadays. Do I even have any privacy now that our relationship is out?

I saw some people stop and stare at my dark silhouette in the widow, light enough for them to maybe recognise me. One woman held up her phone camera toward me, and I instantly closed the curtain and turned around, to jump. Taylor stood there, watching me a bit worriedly.

"Honey, you ok?" She asked, with furrowed eyebrows.

My lunges felt heavy as I thought of the question. They had felt extremely heavy lately, and I knew better than to google why.

"Yes." I said, lifelessly. My empty eyes looked at her, and she noticed how they were blankly looking at her as if she wasn't there.

What even is real?

What's happening to the world?

It's so much, way too much. In moments like this, suddenly every thought I have pushed away for the sake of myself and others come back like a wildfire.

My breath heavied as I leaned against the window for support against a potential fall. My mind was spinning, and my thoughts disappeared. Such a heavenly feeling. I heard a thump, and the next thing I knew was darkness.

The silence was broken by a soft humming from above me.

It took a moment of blinking before I could finally see who it was over me. Taylor's blurry face sat leaned over me, a hand softly brushing down my cheek as she saw me looking up at her.

"Hi, love." She whispered.

I looked around, finding myself on our bed. I felt something familiar to a wet towel on my forehead, and raised a hand to touch it to find that I had guessed right.

"Hey." I said back with a voice I didn't mean to be tired, but was. Taylor's hand kept stroking my cheek, and it was at that moment I remembered what had happened.

"What happened?" I asked to hear it from someone more easy to trust than myself.

"You... Panicked and fainted after checking the window. I have noticed you stressing a lot lately, shivering and biting your nails." She said, and I looked down at the chipped nail polish on my fingertips. I had no control over it anymore. No control over... myself.

"Is this too much for you?" She asked, sadly. 

"I would understand if the life you are brought into by being in a relationship with me is too much..." She said, and just before she also started stressing I sat up and laid a hand under her head, making her look at me.

Her blue eyes met mine, and I found that they were the only ones I liked. The only ones I trusted.

"It's been tough lately, but it's all worth it for being with you." I spoke truthfully, to see her smiling at my words.

With that, I leaned in.

Just as our lips met, I was proven once again why I still would be in the ocean of eyes for her. Her lips moved against mine, and her breath was on my skin making my lungs fill with life again. Before I knew it, I was lying on the bed with Taylor over me, still with our lips together.

Her blonde hair fell over mine as we got even closer, and even more in love.

I spun around looking up as we walked through the crowd of people a few days later. Taylor held my hand tightly enough for us to know that no one could rip us apart, and I avoided any gazes.

I could never get used to this, and I could never be truly healed. But I could have Taylor by my side, and that in itself was the best miracle in my life, forevermore.

"Life isn't how to survive the storm, it's about how to dance in the rain." - Taylor Swift