Chapter 35: The elegant three

It was a few weeks until the Grammys, and sitting in Lana's living room I was both planning and having a normal conversation with her and Taylor.

I was aware of my unique position and point of view as Taylor's girlfriend and a close friend of Lana's when I will be sitting alone at home watching until the after-party starts later. I have seen the golden dress Taylor will wear this year, and the guestlist. 

Personally, I wish for Alana Champion to be invited again.

One crisp January evening in 2024, I was delved into the daunting task of planning their Grammy appearances together with them.

"So, what's the game plan of the Grammys itself, ladies?" Taylor asked, her blue eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Lana leaned back into the comfortable pillows, her signature vintage style radiating effortless glamour.

"Well, first things first, we need to coordinate our red carpet looks. We have to make a statement."

I nodded in agreement, feeling a rush of excitement for them both. I had the possibility to join them as a date for Taylor, but politely said no. It's her time to shine. "Absolutely. We should aim for something bold, yet timeless."

Taylor's mind was already buzzing with ideas. "I'm thinking of a classic Hollywood glamor with a modern twist. What do you think, Lana?"

Lana flashed a knowing smile. "I love it. I already kind of have agreed on a dress, but changed my mind already this morning. It's sort of like that, black and glamorous..."

"Perfect, I have to see it!" Taylor exclaimed, and we all stood up.

In a light round room, Lana picked the dress up later. It was indeed glamorous.

It was a stunning floral gown with two gloves laid on a black table next to it, with the same fabric as the one around the black flowers on the dress. Bows were sewn over them, and all the small details it seemed like she had figured out already made my jaw drop.

It was an elegant room, and standing in her house I had another brief moment of recalling how this was my dream ten years ago.

"Gosh, Lana, it's so beautiful." I sighed, and smiled over at her. She smiled back, and looked over at the dress.

"Isn't it strange how life has a way of unfolding in unexpected ways? Like this, for example. If you told me that I would be this close to you two now ten years ago I'm not sure if I would have believed it." I thought out loud, and Taylor nodded thoughtfully.

I almost felt the need to laugh when I realized how I said I was 'close' to Taylor. That was an understatement.

"Absolutely. Sometimes it feels like we're just along for the ride, navigating through twists and turns we never could have anticipated."

I sighed softly, a sense of introspection settling over me. "But aren't the moments of serendipity that take our breath away so beautiful at times?"

Lana's eyes shimmered with understanding. "Y/n." She spoke my name.

"What?" I asked.

"That was... deep."

"Says the woman who wrote 'Mariners Apartment Complex'." I replied with a small smirk, before she rolled her eyes playfully and we finally returned to the dress.

It would be a big night, I was sure of it.