Chapter 3: Sweet nothing

The door opened and closed, making me stand up from the couch. I walked through the living room quickly. 

"Hello?" I asked, and leaned my head out of the door to see Taylor leaned down to untie her shoes. It wasn't often that she wore shoes, as she loved high heels. "Hi." She said as she leaned up, and took a deep breath. 

"Tough day?" I asked, and she nodded and walked over to me. "Yes." She stated, and I laid a hand around her as we walked into the kitchen.

Humming, I opened the refrigerator and found what I needed.

"Let's have a calm evening, then."

Taylor sat down on a chair by the counter and smiled at me. I smiled back, and focused on the process of making dinner.

"They are outside." Taylor said, and I looked up at her. I knew exactly what she meant- the mixture of fans, paparazzi and people outside. Probably most of the second one. I let down the pan in my hand and walked over to her. 

"They are outside, don't worry. You are safe." I assured her, looking up into her blue eyes. We shared a kiss, and I heard the pushing and loud voices from the outside. The closed curtains would probably make them give up getting more pictures soon, I hoped.

"I found myself running home to you once again. Is there anything I can do for you as a thank you for being here?" Taylor asked me, a few tears glimmering in her eyes.

"You know what you need to do? Sweet nothing. Just stay."

A tear fell from her thankful eyes. I brushed it away before she leaned in again.

While the dinner was cooking, I walked over to a window and removed the curtain a bit so I could look outside. The pushing, showing people in the darkness, lit up by the cameras that started flashing as I showed up slightly in the corner of the window. I let go of the curtain so it fell back into place.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're just too soft for all of it." I sighed as I walked back to Taylor. She smiled softly at me, and it made my heart flutter.

"Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve you."

"You gave me a chance of being the one."

With the the expression she gave me, I understood that I was. And while the the chaos continued outside, she was safe with me. While her life was too much, she knew that she could always run back here. To the demands of sweet nothing.