Chapter 32: Comfort in the dark night

Author's note: I have had this idea for a while, but finally it is here! I'll probably read it every time I can't sleep haha... Hope you enjoy it, I am so grateful for you♡.

The clock on the nightstand blinked 3:00 AM in a dim blue glow as I laid in silence. 

The room was cast in shadows, the only source of light being the soft moonlight seeping through the half-closed curtains on my girlfriend, Taylor.

The silence of the night hung heavily, broken only by the hum of her breath.

I felt an unusual restlessness clawing in my chest, a sense of unease that made me, staring into the darkness, trying to shake off the lingering fragments of a fading dream.

My thoughts were a jumble of fleeting images and indistinct whispers, leaving me with discomfort.

Unable to shake the uneasy feeling, I slid out of bed and stood on the cold hardwood floor. Moonlight spilled through the window, illuminating the room in a muted silver glow as I stepped through it.

A feeling of wanting to see the night sky filled me, and as quietly as I could, my fingertips grazed the curtains and pulled them aside.

The night outside seemed different, as if the familiar world had taken on a surreal quality. The sky was a deep and dark shade of blue, with very few traces of stars as we were in the city.

Shadows danced along the edges of the room from the open curtain, and the moonlit landscape appeared hauntingly beautiful yet unfamiliar.

Taylor stirred behind me, a soft murmur escaping her lips. "Y/n, what's wrong?"

I turned to find her blinking sleep from her eyes, her gaze filled with concern.

In that moment, the weight of the world seemed to press upon my shoulders, and I struggled to find the right words to convey the peculiar fear that had gripped me.

"I don't know," I admitted, my voice barely above a whisper. "It's like... like something's off, but I can't put my finger on it."

Taylor sat up, her eyes searching his face for answers. "Maybe it's just a bad dream. Come here."

But I couldn't shake the feeling that this was more than just a lingering dream.

As I returned to the bed, Taylor wrapped her arms around him, a comforting warmth that eased the chill of the night.

"Sometimes the night plays tricks on us," She whispered, her lips brushing against his ear. "But we're safe here, together."

I nodded, finding solace in her embrace. Taylor's fingers traced soothing patterns on my back, and her presence acted as a balm to my restless soul.

Gradually, the sense of unease began to fade, becoming replaced by a comforting stillness.

"I love you," She murmured, her words a gentle promise in the quiet of the night.

"I love you too," I replied, the words carrying a weight of gratitude. With Taylor by my side, the world outside the window seemed less daunting, the shadows less threatening.

When we laid back down, tangled in each other's arms, the moon cast a soft glow on our shared sanctuary.

As I closed my eyes, the mysterious fear that had awakened me began to fade. 

Taylor's love was a beacon, guiding me back to the realm of dreams, where the night held no secrets and the world felt right once more. 

Together, we fell into a peaceful slumber in each other's presence. 

Taylor's hand wrapped around me, and I smiled a little at the soft movement.

She needed me as well.

With that we fell into a deep sleep, safe and sound.