Chapter 6: Lovely mess

Author's note: Thank you so much for over 400 readers in three days, this is kind of insane!! I am so happy you like it, and I promise that there will be a lot of chapters. I will try to post one every day, but we will see how long that can go on... I want to give you the best I can do in the moment <3 Enjoy this chapter!

Typical, I thought as I laid on the couch and looked at the laptop in front of me in silence. My thoughts crept into my mind again, and not the good kind. I turned up the volume of the show I was watching and tried to mute the voices in my head.

Taylor was still in the studio, working on the re-recordings. Normally I would be there with her, but tonight was an exception. 

Staring blankly at the screen, I made the minutes pass by until she came home.

She made me such a lovely mess.

Lovely because I was loved, and in love. A mess because my whole life had turned and flipped out of my control right when I decided to stay with her. Everything hits different, and I feel like I am a different person. When I'm alone, my mind beats me up.

Being alone wasn't my best side.

When she's gone I dream of her hair and stares and smiles and voice. I wasn't obsessed, I simply just loved her. I took a deep breath, closed the laptop and sat up. I looked around before walking into the hallway to her cats.

"Hey, Dibbles." I called Olivia her nickname, smiling at the recalled memory of when Taylor told about it on ellen. She was in my head rent free. And I wonder, do I live in her mind like that as well?

Olivia sat down on my lap as I stroked its fur, and it soon started purring like a small machine. My heart fluttered, and I suddenly felt much better. "Taylor is home soon." I told the cat without thinking about it, and leaned my head against the wall.

I heard a key turn in the door, down the hallway. I turned my head and let the cat go, softly yet quickly. I stood up, and stared at it. Was that her key in the door? Is it okay? Is it her, or have they come to take me away for good, due to all my mistakes and thoughts?

The door opened, and it was as if Taylor's face shone brightly as she entered. I swiftly walked over to her and laid my arms around her neck. "Wanna go out?" Taylor asked, with a small smile as I let go.

"Take me away."