Chapter 14: Call it love, interrupted

"It's not anything personal."

"Of course not. Nothing is with you, is it?" He exclaimed, and I looked next to me at him. His eyes were wide as they looked into mine. He was sort of angry, I figured. "I barely know you, Y/n." He said, and I looked down.

"I can't risk it." I said, and sighed. "It may sound stupid for someone like you, but it's true. I can't get personal, not anymore."

"What about Taylor, does she know you?" He asked, and I nodded. She does.

"Darling, how was your day?" Taylor asked me later, when I closed the front door behind me. "Mh, I don't know. It was fine, but 100% better now that I'm with you." I replied, truthfully. What he had told me was in fact not true. There is one person in the world that Y/n L/n trusts, and that person is right in front of her right now.

I didn't even let myself feel back about it anymore. It was my only armor, my only mechanism to keep being in the good spot I am in now. Everyone I have gotten close to has left me at some point. But Taylor could stay.

This was our year, 2016.

She was out of the spotlight, and we were together in England. I had a new job, but she sort of brung her job with her as we moved. Her art and job is within herself. What a blessing, and curse.

The thought of how her fans lost the album she just started to plan the potential of before everything broke, was lost. Karma was gone, replaced with Reputation. I would see her on the piano late at night, singing things like "All the liars are calling me one. Nobodys heard from me for months, I'm doing better than I ever was..."

"'Cause my baby's fit like a daydream, walking with his- her head down, I'm the one shes walking to."

The lyrics would be about a man when it was out, but I knew who it was about. Me. Call it what you want, but I call it love interrupted.

We slow-dance in the living room with the curtains closed, so no one can see.

They all tell lies, but none of them get through our bubble. As she leans her head on my shoulder, I stroke her cheek softly. Nobody physically sees her this year, and that is what she thinks they want. She may go out to the studio, but somehow we managed to dress up so well that no one recognized us.

Her ocean blue eyes were looking in mine, lit up by the dark blue light from the window. It was late, but as usual we were still up. She leans in for what may be the final kiss before we fall asleep, and I feel like I might sink and down and die. Because by the look on her face, I had succeeded. She loves me as well.

I do my best to make her feel safe, and better.

Her short hair was growing out, and I watched her eyes go lighter by every day passing. I knew she needed this.

One day when we were in the city, in our disguises, we came by a jewelry store with necklaces with letters on them, and she immediately walked in. I followed her, and watched as she studied them. Picking up with one of my initials on it, she let it slide down her fingertips. I picked up one with a T, making her smile. "You understood the assignment." She said, and I nodded. "Of course." I said, and cleared my throat when a woman came by. Not that I was very known, but some might recognize my voice.

"I want to wear her initial on a chain 'round my neck, chain 'round my neck." Taylor sang on her guitar one evening, with me sitting in front of her gazing at her adoringly. "Not because she owns me, but 'cause she really knows me."

"I recall late november. Holding my breath slowly I said." She sang, and I joined in, recalling her past words as well.

"You don't need to save me, but would you run away with me?"

"Yes." I sang, and she giggled and kept playing. My heart fluttered. How could someone so beautiful, nice and gorgeous be hated? It must be pure jealousy, or just deep stuff. There was no reason to, none at all.

Running away with her was saving her as well.

Real love, interrupted and fixed.

Romance is not dead, if you keep it just yours.