Chapter 11: Streetlights

"I need something different. I am almost always inside, with guards and security. I am grateful, but..."

"You feel kinda locked."

"Yes."

"I get it." I said, and turned to walk out of the room. I turned my head a bit to her, and spoke again. "I know what to do."

Taylor walked toward me as I walked through the house to the window I knew no one watched. Leading to the back garden, we almost never spent time there. I opened the window and climbed out of it, turning to watch Taylor try the same.

"No way." She said quietly, and I shrugged.

She let a deep breath of the fresh night air fill her lungs, and as she breathed out she nodded her head once and climbed out as well. As her feet hit the ground, I closed the window behind us just enough that it didn't lock, looked around and took her hand.

"Follow me." I whispered to her, and walked quickly to the fence and opened part of it for us to pass through. I walked as quietly as I could with my back against the wall, and could see the guards standing there in silence. How they accepted to work like that was so incredible to me.

I would probably die of boredom. But then again, they were protecting Taylor. Turned around and saw her, with her hangs landing perfectly over her gorgeous eyes. It was my time to protect her, even if she could do so herself.

I waited in silence for some of them to move, and looked up at the sky while I did so. Taylor understood immediately, and did the same. "I'll go inside and watch through the window." One of them said, and I fist pumped my hands together. Taylor held in a laugh, and I focused back on the guards.

"I think most people are asleep, you've got a point." the second said, and walked inside. "Oh my god, we are lucky." I whispered to Taylor, and she nodded before I started running over to the street and down the way for the city. Taylor quickly came next to me, taking my hand in hers again and running with me. She slowed down as we were lit up by the streetlights around.

"I love the night." She said, and turned looking up at the lights.

"Yes, we can be just us. And, I can't find one reason to hate staying up at night." I said, and re-thought what I had just said. "Ok, I can find some..." I mumbled, and Taylor laughed and pulled me closer to her. I gladly walked closer to her side, and kissed her cheek softly before looking up as well.

Wide awake, it was as if we had just found our own universe. There were few people in the streets, and Taylor didn't have to stop for any selfies or autographs. It was heavenly. She loves the fans, but this was incredible.

"Y/N, what's the plan now?" She asked, and the way she said my name made me want to kiss her again, only on the lips this time.

"Whatever we want."

"Whatever?"

"Yes indeed."

Taylor grinned as she looked up at the sky again. On the corner of a small grocery store, we stopped and caught our breath. There was tagging on the walls around us and different colored lights around us made me feel at home. Taylor looked at me adoringly, and as I looked back I couldn't help it. I leaned in, placing my left hand on the wall next to her, and the other on her cheek.

My lips met hers, and she pulled me closer.