Chapter 20

"speaking/yelling"

"Radio/Scroll"

'thinking'

*Acton*

The White Fang base, 30 miles away from the chase, Atlas, 6-18-20

The Americans, with Willow and Klien, are following the White Fang in their trucks as passengers.

"What are we going to do, Dark?" Umbara whispered to his commander with worry.

"I don't know Umbara." Dark said. "These guys are terrorists, and have been reported the most militarized one, second only towards Vale's. So we have to use caution."

"Hey!" Shadow shouted to a White fang Grunt. "We're you guys taking us? Your mother's house?"

"Taking you to our base, why else?" The Grunt replied, ignoring the comment about his mother.

"Are you not, ya know, kill us and take all of our stuff?" He continued on.

"That would be against the Commander's orders." The Grunt answered, making the Americans and the two guests look at each other in confusion. Before they could question any further, they were at the entrance of the White Fang base.

"*whistle* That's a nice base you got here." Umbara said as he looked around.

The base itself looks like a late 20th century base with air defenses spread out. There were three barracks on the left side and a small living quarters on the right. Behind that was a small to medium-sized medical center and an armory. What was the most strangest for the SEALS, Willow, and Klien were that there were humans within this base.

"What the -" Shadow began to say before one of the grunts interrupted his thought process.

"Keep moving. The Commander's quarters are this way." The Grunt told the new arrivals as they continued to walk down.

After a few minutes passed by, the team entered the command center and was shocked at how busy the White Fang base was.  'This thing must be brand new if they are working like that.' Dark thought in his head. He wasn't alone in that regard either.

"Sorry about the mess. this was recently acquired." A Wolf Faunus said as he entered the Command Center with another White Fang grunt.

"And who are you?" Shadow asks.

"Ah, apologies." The Faunus said. "My Name is Van Mason, one of the Commanders of the Atlas White Fang branch, and this here is my subordinate; Zar Lacey. We saw your little chase by the SDC and the Black Cross and decided to help."

"Why did you, though?" Dark ask. "I thought the Fang hated humans."

"Many of us still do." Van stated. "It was almost impossible until the Black Cross launched their attack, killing everyone in sight. Don't get us wrong, we are the second most militarized branch of the White Fang-the most being Vale- but some of our higher command believe in what Seinna does: attack only the most dangerous and racist places. That actually was the right move when the Black Cross revealed themselves and killed everyone, including humans in Mantel. So, we decided to help each other out when this happened and try to sabotage them, but as you can see, we can't break through their defenses. In fact, we have a spy in the SDC." He explained.