Chapter 27

The American landing zone, Atlas, 6-25-20.

Nathaniel, Francis, Willow Cobalt, and Alice travel with RWBY, Willow Schnee, and the rest of the Americans and Remnant forces as they traveled inland, trying to secure areas and dystroying key bases that the Nazis were using.

The landscape around them bore the scars of battle, with remnants of enemy fortifications and signs of recent conflict strewn across the terrain.

Their path was fraught with danger, as pockets of resistance from Nazi forces still posed a threat to their advance. Yet, with determination in their hearts and a shared commitment to victory, they pressed forward, each step bringing them closer to their objective.

"Everyone Good?" Nathaniel asked.

his question broke the tense silence that hung over the group as they navigated through the war-torn landscape. His voice carried a note of concern, reflecting the gravity of their situation.

Various nods and murmured affirmations rippled through the assembled forces, indicating that despite the dangers they faced, they remained resolute and determined to see their mission through to the end.

"Ready as we'll ever be." came the response from one of the soldiers, echoed by others expressing similar sentiments. Each member of the group understood the importance of their task and was prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

"Good, we need to keep up on our toes." Nathaniel said as he, the rest of his team, the Huntsman, and the American and Remnant Forces continued their trek on the icy terrain of Atlas.

"So, where did you say your spy was going to meet us?" Willow Cobalt asked Van Mason.

"Our rendezvous point is a safe house on the outskirts of the city." He explained, his voice carrying a note of urgency. "It's a discreet location that's well-hidden from prying eyes, ideal for covert meetings."

As they trudged through the snow-covered landscape, Van led the group with confident strides, his senses attuned to any signs of danger. The American and Remnant forces followed closely behind, their determination unwavering despite the treacherous conditions.

"We'll need to remain vigilant." Van continued, his gaze scanning the surroundings for any potential threats. "The Nazis have eyes and ears everywhere, and they won't hesitate to strike if they catch wind of our movements."

Willow nodded in understanding, her grip tightening on her weapon as she prepared for whatever challenges awaited them. "Understood." She replied, her voice firm with resolve. "We'll stay alert and ready for anything."

"Und vere do you zink your going Yank?" A tone filled with hate asked. When they turned around,  they saw a German Commander, with two Nazi Soldiers, and Whitley Schnee, who had a unkown expression on his face.

"hello Mother." He said to Willow Schnee, who looked at her son with horror.

The tension in the air thickened as the German commander and his soldiers confronted the group, their presence casting a shadow over the snowy landscape. Willow Schnee's expression shifted from shock to anguish as she locked eyes with her son, Whitley, who stood alongside the enemy forces.

"Whitley..." Willow's voice trailed off, a mix of disbelief and heartache evident in her tone.

Nathaniel Green, Francis Zelenka, and the rest of the group tensed, their hands instinctively moving to their weapons as they faced the unexpected threat. The German commander, flanked by his soldiers, wore a smug expression as he surveyed the group with contempt.

"Looks like ve 'ave stumbled upon a little family reunion." the commander remarked, a sneer twisting his lips. "But zis is no time for pleasantries. You are trespassing on Nazi territory, und ve cannot allow zis defiance to go unpunished."