Chapter 26

6-24-20 6:40 Am 

Outskirts of the Mantel Sea (Atlas coast) on the cruiser UAS Kraken.

On the cruiser UAS Kraken, the morning sun began to illuminate the vast expanse of the Mantle Sea as the ship sailed on the outskirts of the coast. The atmosphere on the carrier was a mix of tension and determination as the American and Remnant forces prepared for the decisive assault on Atlas. General Rimmy, Commander Digby, Ozpin, and General Ironwood gathered on the bridge to discuss the final details of the operation.

"Reports from the Inner Sanctum are coming in," said one of the communication officers, relaying information to the commanders. "Our forces are advancing, but the resistance from the Nazi defenders is formidable."

General Rimmy, his usual confident demeanor slightly tempered by the gravity of the situation, nodded. "We expected heavy resistance. The Inner Sanctum is the heart of their defenses. How are our airborne units faring?"

Commander Digby, who had been coordinating with the airborne divisions, responded, "The airborne units have successfully secured key points. The Screaming Eagles and other divisions are pushing forward. It won't be long before we reach the core."

Ozpin, a figure of calm authority, spoke, "The Inner Sanctum is only part of the equation. We must ensure that the portal to Hell is dealt with swiftly. That remains a priority."

General Ironwood, his demeanor reflecting the stress of the situation, added, "We need to be prepared for any unexpected developments. The Nazis have proven to be resourceful and unpredictable."

As they continued their discussion, a holographic map of the Inner Sanctum and the surrounding areas flickered to life in front of them. The Kraken's position was highlighted, and markers denoting the ongoing battle were scattered across the display.

The carrier's communications officer interrupted, "General Rimmy, we have a transmission from the Resistance."

Rimmy nodded, and the transmission was patched through. Van Mason, the Commander of the Resistance, appeared on the holographic screen. His expression was grim, but determined.

"The Inner Sanctum is a war zone, but we're making progress," Van reported. "The Yankee forces are pushing through. The Nazis are desperate, but we won't let them hold Atlas any longer."

General Rimmy responded with a determined look, "Good work, Commander Mason. Keep us updated on the situation. We're counting on you to secure the Inner Sanctum."

Van saluted, and the transmission ended. The commanders on the Kraken knew that the battle for Atlas was reaching its climax. The fate of two worlds hung in the balance.

"It go time." Rimmy said as he grabbed a radio and transmit his message to the rest of the fleet.

In the massive fleet of ships, far as the eye could see, you can see destroyers, frigates, cruisers, submarines, carriers, super carriers, and battleships on the sea, there where even a couple of PT boats filled with Machine Guns and rockets to protect the main invasion force and provide accurate fire support. in the skies, there was the Avenger command class airship, three Havana cruiser class starships, two republic class destroyers starships, four congress frigate class starships, two La Paz carrier class starships. and the freedom dreadnought class starship, named the Freedom.

"Six centuries ago, our ancestors embark on a great crusade against the tide of evil. We have long since believed that evil was forever in the Grave, but it seems that the Past is always there to remind us that it's not done yet. This Happened with Corporal Trevor Clarks, a man of the US, turned into a monster against his will by the bastards we are now facing." Rimmy began.