Chapter 23

"Speaking/yelling"

"Radio/Scroll"

'thinking'

*Acton*

New York City, New York, 6-20-20

The smoldering ruins of Downtown New York were the first things that the Huntsman and the returning Americans see. The fires raging from a battle that ended not so long ago still raging brought pain into FAWN. Especially one in particular.

Alice was staggering before collapsing in utter despair. Willow saw this and picked her up and carried her with the team.

'This is my home, Willow." Alice sobbed. As she continued to cry out, Willow assured her that everything is okay.

"Look at the damage." Nathanel whispered. He was looking around the destroyed city.

Already, the smell of iron and burning materials hit the group in full force. They had to cover their lower faces just to get away from the awful stench.

"This is so much worse than Mt. Glenn, at least we know that it was a Grimm attack." Wiess whispered to her team.

"Just by looking at this gives me the creeps." Ruby stated.

Suddenly, a wail shot through the atmosphere, making the Huntsmen and the Americans jump in surprise. Turing to the sound came from, they saw a human mother that was on their sixties look at a younger man who was in his early thirties was shot in the head, with a hood next to his body. Upon closer examination, they saw a swastika on the hood.

"Fucking assholes." Francis growled.

"They executed him." Blake whispered in shock.

"They even tried to hide it, look at his cloths." Coco said as she saw dirt and mud on the body with wood hiding the lower body of the man.

"Wonder who shot him was either a Nazi bastard or an Atlas officer." John wondered.  "Either way, we might have a 'conversation' after the war."

"Get in line spook." Nathanel said as they continued walking down the ruin streets of New York.

They continued to walk down the ruin city as both the Milita and Army cleaning up the debris. The Remnants also saw some Americans that were not Milita or even military for that matter.

"Who are they?" Yang whispered to FAWN.

"Their PMCs, more specifically BLACKWATER."

"PMCs? Do you mean mercenaries?" Wiess asks.

"Yes, but they were form from Special forces, and actually where the first to spy on you after the OAI." Nathanel explained.

"For what purpose?" Velvet question.

"Mainly to test you and the Grimm combativeness and sure enough, we had the upper hand on weaponry and tactics." Francis stated. Then one of the Blackwater members look right at them.

"Hey!" The PMC called out. "What are you doing here? You missed the battle!"

"Can it Rex. We have more things to do." The leader of the PMC barked at the grunt.

"Ah we need to stop being uptight sometimes Cap'n. We need shake off the rust and strictness." the PMC grunt, now called Rex, chimed.

"Well, we need to keep our professional acts, so we can be better than them buckets had when the met Punisher." The leader joked, causing some of the PMC and Milita.

FAWN and the Huntsmen, however, were unimpressed. Deciding that  it would be better off to getting to get the point, they left as the PMCs and Milita continued their work.