Chapter 106

Since Zhou Yan was getting married and his work at the base had just finished, Wen Rugui took two days off to come back.

However, it was already very late when he came back. The next morning, he went to Zhou Yan's house with Huang Qimin to help out, so he did not meet Tong Xuelu.

Tong Xuelu woke up in the morning and went to work as usual. After shopping, she went to the business department for a meeting.

There was no absolute secret in the same circle. Last time, Tong Xuelu was investigated by the Political Security Bureau of the Ministry of Public Security. Many restaurant managers received the news one after another.

Some of them were afraid of being implicated, so they deliberately avoided Tong Xuelu during the meeting. Some of them did not even buy the seasoning packs.

Now that Tong Xuelu was fine, they came over again.

Especially those who knew that Tong Xuelu was the Commander's granddaughter, they were even more enthusiastic and smiled like grandchildren.

Tong Xuelu saw it clearly. She knew very well whether they were humans or monsters.

However, there was a manager with the surname Deng in this group of people. His attitude did not change from the beginning to the end. He was neither flattering nor arrogant, giving people a comfortable feeling.

Manager Deng's restaurant was not located in a particularly good location, but he managed the restaurant well. He was obviously a capable person.

After Tong Xuelu finished chatting with the others, he walked over and asked politely, "Manager Tong, I want to ask if your restaurant will be releasing new dishes or seasoning packs now that summer is here?"

Tong Xuelu smiled and said, "Yes, our restaurant plans to release a series of cold dishes. Cold dishes are refreshing and not greasy. They are more suitable for summer."

Manager Deng said, "Then I will come over to try the new dishes when Manager Tong releases them. It would be best if there are seasoning packs like Malatang."

Tong Xuelu shook her head. "Cold dishes are easy to make and don't need any seasoning packs. However, they have to be safe and hygienic. Some ingredients, such as black fungus, cannot be eaten overnight. Otherwise, it will cause poisoning."

Manager Deng was stunned. "Black fungus can cause poisoning if eaten overnight? I have never heard of this before. "

Tong Xuelu nodded. "Black fungus will produce toxins if it's soaked for too long. The same goes for white fungus."

Not to mention the people of this era who didn't know about it, even many people later on didn't know about it.

Manager Deng was deep in thought. "Although I've never heard of this before, it's indeed better to be cautious when it comes to health, safety, and human lives."

The two of them chatted for a while more before the leader came over.

The meeting was long and boring. When the meeting finally ended, Tong Xuelu was about to leave but was stopped by Department Head Lin.

"Manager Tong, please come to my office."

When the other managers who had not left heard this, they looked at Tong Xuelu with envy in their eyes. They had been managers for many years, but many of them had never been called to the office by Director Lin.