Chapter 128

Seeing Tong Jiaxin's aggrieved expression, Tong Xuelu almost burst out laughing.

She didn't expect her grandfather to be so shameless.

The weather was too hot, so she made some food for everyone to cool down. She made mung bean cakes with mung beans and boiled winter melon and barley pork ribs soup.

She planted the winter melon in the yard and it grew very well. She had more than enough to eat.

In addition to making soup, she could also make winter melon strips. The skin of the winter melon could be washed and dried. It could also be used to make traditional Chinese medicine tea.

Tong Xuelu didn't like winter melon strips. She thought it was too sweet. But children in this era liked anything sweet.

Recently, Xiao Mianmian had started to grow out her teeth. Yesterday, she lost another front tooth. Tong Jiaxin, her unreliable brother, always made fun of her. She was very sad.

However, when she saw that there was food, she immediately grinned, revealing a toothless smile. It was really cute and funny.

The siblings were well-nourished. They were taller than the average children. Their skin was fair and clean. They were perfect for other children of the same age.

Commander Xiao liked to show off his grandchildren when he went out.

After the elders finished playing cards, Tong Xuelu brought the winter melon and barley pork ribs soup to the living room for everyone to drink.

The winter melon and barley pork ribs soup was fresh and refreshing. It was just right for the hot summer. Everyone drank two bowls before they stopped.

Tong Xuelu told them that she had rejected the department head's recommendation to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Wei Guozhi couldn't help but look regretful. "It's good to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Xuelu, don't you want to reconsider?"

Tong Xuelu shook her head. "That's not my ambition."

Wei Guozhi still wanted to persuade her, but Shen Wanrong pulled his hand and glared at him. Only then did he shut his mouth.

Commander Xiao put down the bowl in his hand and looked at her. "You have always been an opinionated child. Since you have made up your mind, then do as you wish. Grandpa supports you."

Tong Xuelu smiled. "Thank you, Grandpa."

She was actually quite afraid that her grandfather would join the persuasion team. There was no distinction between high and low in business, only like and dislike.

Going to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was very stressful, and she did not want to live such a tiring life.

Besides, all diplomats had to be stationed abroad. Basically, more than half of their career would be spent abroad.

She could only return to the country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs to take up an important position. This meant that she had to be separated from her family and Wen Rugui.

And Wen Rugui's identity and work meant that he could not go abroad.

Therefore, whether it was in terms of personality, preferences, or future development, she had never wanted to go into politics, let alone become a diplomat.