Chapter 149

As the weather got colder, Tong Xuelu's belly grew bigger.

The doctor had already confirmed that she was pregnant with a pair of yolks.

Today, she was going to do an ultrasound and check the gender of the baby.

Old Mr. Wen wanted to go with her, but he caught a cold two days ago and Tong Xuelu did not allow him to go out in such cold weather.

Now, he looked at Wen Rugui and Tong Xuelu and said with an aggrieved face, "Come back early then. Ru Gui, you have to take good care of Xuelu and the baby."

Wen Rugui nodded. "Okay."

After taking the medicine, his mind would be slower than before, but he was still clear-headed. Moreover, he saw Xiaoxu less and less recently.

The last time Professor Chen came over, he was shocked and delighted by the speed of his recovery.

Old Mr. Wen was still worried. "Why don't you let Little Zong go with you?"

A shadow flashed through Wen Rugui's eyes, and his hand that was supporting Tong Xuelu moved a little.

Tong Xuelu caught his strange look and squeezed his hand. "It's okay, Ru Gui can take care of me. Also, Ru Gui's colleague will be going for a prenatal checkup today. It won't be a problem."

Wen Rugui turned his head and met her eyes. The darkness in his eyes dissipated.

Old Mr. Wen realized that he had said something wrong. "Okay, I'll let you go then. Little Zong and I will wait for you at home."

Tong Xuelu smiled and nodded. Wen Rugui helped her out of the door.

As soon as she stepped out of the door, the cold wind blew. Although Tong Xuelu was dressed like a ball, she could not help but shiver.

Wen Rugui took half a step forward and blocked the wind with his body. "Why don't I borrow a car from Jianyi?"

Tong Xuelu shook his head. "There's no need for that. I'm using a car for private purposes. It won't be good if someone reports me. Also, don't treat me like I'm made of glass. Proper exercise is good for a pregnant woman's body."

Wen Rugui put one hand on the back of her waist and held her hand with the other. He made a sound of acknowledgment.

He remembered that a few months ago, he had inquired about cars. These days, two cars cost two hundred thousand yuan. This was a price that most people could not afford.

Although the Wen family had some money, they could not afford it.

However, Director Zhuang had told him that there were more and more opportunities for the country to integrate with the international community. The country urgently needed internationally recognized awards, such as the Nobel Prize.

If he could win glory for the country, the country would definitely reward him handsomely.

When he thought of this, his long and dense eyelashes fluttered.

Tong Xuelu sighed inwardly when she saw his indifferent reaction.

Perhaps it was the effect of the drug, but other than his thinking being slower, his personality was also a little different from before. She had not seen him blush in a long time.