Chapter 111

Wen Rugui asked in surprise, "Why do you say that?"

Zhou Yan pulled a long face. "I've been married to Xiao Yun for more than half a year, but there's been no news of her pregnancy. My mother-in-law took her to the hospital for a check-up two days ago, and the doctor said that she's in good health."

Wen Rugui looked confused. "Isn't that good?"

Zhou Yan bit his lip. "She's fine, but I'm not. The doctor said that ... the couple hasn't been able to conceive a child. If there's nothing wrong with the woman, then the problem might be with the man."

"..."

Wen Rugui finally understood. He looked at Zhou Yan with a trace of sympathy.

Zhou Yan met his sympathetic gaze and almost cried like a dog. "Rugui, what do you think I should do if there's really something wrong with me?"

If a woman couldn't have a child, the man would divorce her. If a man couldn't have a child, would his wife divorce him?

He didn't want a divorce.

Wen Rugui patted him on the shoulder. "I think you shouldn't scare yourself first. Why don't we ask Qimin? He knows more than I do."

Unexpectedly, Zhou Yan shook his head. "We can't let Huang Goudan know about this."

Wen Rugui: "?"

Zhou Yan: "Huang Goudan's son will be born in the New Year. He definitely won't understand the pain of a man who can't have a child."

Wen Rugui: "..." He didn't understand either.

Zhou Yan suddenly looked embarrassed. "Ru Gui, I have something to ask of you."

"What is it?"

Zhou Yan hesitated. "I want you to accompany me to the hospital for a check-up."

Wen Rugui: "..."

Zhou Yan put his hands together and begged, "Ru Gui, I'm begging you. I don't have the face to go for a check-up alone. Just treat it as a pre-marital check-up. I'll clean your house for a month later."

Wen Rugui thought for a moment and said, "Your sister works in a department store, right?"

Zhou Yan quickly nodded. "Just tell me what you want to buy."

Wen Rugui: "Quilts, pillows, enamel pots, thermos bottles, basins, buckets, and mosquito nets. I'll give you a list later, and you can buy them for me."

Zhou Yan: "... You're really not polite. Are you buying it for your girlfriend?"

Wen Rugui's eyes flashed with tenderness. "Yes."

Tong Xuelu was going to attend university after the Lunar New Year, so he wanted to prepare everything in advance.

Zhou Yan clicked his tongue and said, "Okay, give me the list. I'll ask my sister to prepare it for you. But after the New Year, you have to accompany me to the check-up."

Wen Rugui: "Why don't you go during the New Year?"

Zhou Yan blushed and said, "I want to take advantage of the New Year to try again. If my wife can get pregnant, I won't have to go for a check-up."