Chapter 139

Tong XueLu quivered and woke up completely.

Her gaze landed on the chair. There was nothing on the chair, but Wen Rugui was staring at it as though he was talking to someone.

The atmosphere was so strange that it made her hair stand on end. Goosebumps broke out all over her body.

Tong Xuelu lay on the bed, not daring to move or make a sound. Even her breathing slowed down. The next moment, she heard Wen Rugui speak again.

"I know you're doing this for my own good. That woman once humiliated my father and caused him to suffer greatly before he passed away. What you're doing now is just giving her a taste of her own medicine. She deserves it."

With that, he fell silent again and stared at the chair as though he was listening to her.

After a while, he suddenly frowned. "No, you don't have to ask your father to stop. Let that woman continue seducing Shi Xiuneng. Only when she's in pain will she have no time to hurt others.

"I can't let her hurt my wife and child." With that said, his brows relaxed, and the corners of his lips curled into a faint smile. "You probably don't know yet, but Xuelu is pregnant. Soon, I'll be a father too."

Tong Xuelu held her breath as she looked at him. She couldn't say that she wasn't afraid until she heard his last sentence.

In that instant, her fear disappeared. She sniffled and tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision.

She wanted to wipe her tears away, but she was afraid that it would affect him. She could only blink her eyes and let the tears silently flow down her cheeks.

At that moment, Wen Rugui suddenly turned his body. Tong Xuelu didn't have time to close her eyes, and their gazes collided in the air.

Tong Xuelu held her breath. She clutched the blanket tightly and didn't even dare to breathe loudly.

She didn't know if Wen Rugui could see her at that moment, or if he was sleepwalking or awake.

The situation of schizophrenia was very complicated. She remembered watching a movie that Zhang Guorong had acted in. In the movie, he played a schizophrenic patient who woke up in the middle of the night to do things. However, he knew nothing about the outside world or what he had done.

However, in the movie "Beautiful Mind", the male protagonist's schizophrenia caused him to hallucinate and communicate with people who didn't exist.

She didn't know what kind of person Wen Rugui was.

Wen Rugui's gaze fell on the tear stains on her face and his heart tightened. He leaned over and said, "I'm sorry, did I wake you up? Why are you crying? "

His slender and fair fingers gently touched her cheek, and the cold touch made Tong Xuelu shiver uncontrollably.

"No, you didn't wake me up. I just woke up from a nightmare."

She tried to look as natural as possible, but her palms were sweating from nervousness.

Wen Rugui wiped away the tears on her face and hugged her. "I'm sorry. My friend came to find me. I was too engrossed in my conversation with him and didn't notice you."