Chapter 138

That day, Wen Rugui only stayed at home for a day before returning to the base. As soon as he returned, he immediately called back.

After that, he would call back at least two to three times a day. Every time he hung up, she could feel his reluctance to part.

Tong Xuelu understood his excitement of being a father for the first time, but he was too clingy.

Ever since she got pregnant, her family treated her as if she was made of porcelain and needed to be protected everywhere. They wanted her to lie in bed 24 hours a day without moving. She did not know whether to laugh or cry.

Later, she had to ask Grandma Shen to help her persuade a house full of inexperienced men to give her a lesson. Only then did she regain her freedom.

Tong Xuelu knew her own body well. She planned to continue operating the Braised Cuisine Shop and the restaurant according to her plan.

The Braised Cuisine Shop had already started to make a profit. As long as nothing went wrong, she could leave the rest to Guo Chunyu.

Next, she would place her focus on the restaurant. If she was not feeling well, she would put her health first and leave the restaurant to Deng Hong to manage. She could also suspend the business temporarily.

If there was nothing wrong with her body, she planned to continue operating the shop. She was just pregnant. It was not that delicate.

When she woke up that morning, she ate the breakfast that Uncle Zong made for her. It was a cup of soy milk, two meat buns, an apple, and a portion of nuts.

She was the one who suggested eating the nuts. Nuts were very nutritious and were very useful for both adults and the child in her belly.

After breakfast, she took a car to the Braised Cuisine Shop for an inspection.

As the business of the Braised Cuisine Shop was doing well, many people saw a business opportunity. They also saw the purchasing power of the students. A few shops next to the shop were currently under renovation.

When Guo Chunyu saw her, he reported the business and customer feedback for the past few days to her. He said worriedly, "Manager Tong, I have asked around. The shops next to us are all going to do food and beverage business. If they do, will it affect our business?"

Tong Xuelu smiled and said, "It will definitely affect us in the beginning. But in the long run, it will be a good thing."

Guo Chunyu looked confused. "What do you mean?"

Tong Xuelu explained, "If our shop is the only shop on this street, even if our reputation spreads, the number of people who come here will be limited. However, if this street becomes a food street one day, and the entire street sells delicious food, then more and more people will be attracted here."

Guo Chunyu thought for a while and nodded. "Manager Tong, you have great foresight. I can only see what's in front of me."

Tong Xuelu smiled. "What do you think of the five people who came to help?"

Guo Chunyu said, "Manager Tong has a good eye. The five of them are very capable and hardworking. They didn't refuse when I asked them to work. But if we have to talk about the most outstanding and capable one, it has to be the young man named Jiang Junli."