1

⋆·˚ ༘ * LONG STORY SHORT
"it was a bad time"

Dirty blonde hair swept over majority of the school desk as Juliette's head was buried into her arms, drifting off into a daydream.

Her lips tingled with the feeling of Conrad's delicate touch, her imagination running wild as Susannah's smile filled her head.

The sudden loud noise of her book falling off the head of her desk had her snapping up, glancing around the classroom in a daze.

She swallowed as the reality hit her hard in the face, she wasn't in Cousins, Conrad and her weren't together, and Susannah was dead.

"Hey, you dropped this." The boy seated in front of her spoke kindly, picking up the thick book off the ground, staring at her dumbfounded as she didn't budge, staring at the speckles littering the desk, "Kennedy."

Juliette shook her head with raised eyebrows, "What?"

He let out a breathy chuckle, still grasping the book, "I said you dropped this, Kennedy." He flipped it over, reading the back before browsing the pages quickly, "You're reading the Hunger Games in French?"

"Trying to...I almost know the English version by heart, so it's not that difficult to follow." Juliette explained, watching him nod with amusement.

"Very cool." The brunette handed the book back to her before spinning around, his back facing her once more as he continued his conversation with his classmates.

Juliette stared at the book blankly as she stared out of the classroom window with a reminiscing look in her light eyes.

Suddenly she was back on Cousins, almost a year ago, walking hand in hand with Conrad, high off their first kiss as she couldn't stop giggling like a little kid, his smile never fell.

"This almost doesn't feel real." She blurted in disbelief, hands gripping her lower back, her chest meeting his as she smiled largely.

"How 'bout now?" Conrad teased, kissing her gently as she laughed, her cheeks turning rosy as she walked in front of him, his eyes never leaving her sight.

Juliette cleared her throat, throwing her head back, "I can't stop smiling."

"You know you have the prettiest smile I've ever seen." Conrad flirted, making her glance over at him, her lips fighting turning up again, "You're whole face just lights up. I wanted to say that to you all summer."

The pair walked in silence, fingers intertwined as the wave of guilt hit her, she breathed out deeply, looking at the ground, "There's, uh, something I need to tell you. I don't know how..."

"What is it." Conrad nudged, "We can figure it out."

"A few days ago...Jeremiah told me he had feelings for me." Juliette confessed, making him stop in his tracks, her feet halting too as they faced on another."

An awkward chuckle left his peach lips, "Oh. Wow, okay. So, what did you say?"

His menacing look made her stutter, "I-I kissed him a few times." Conrad's expression was blank as he soaked it in, staying silent as they started to walk again, their pace slow.