22

⋆·˚ ༘ * THE LAST GREAT AMERICAN DYNASTY
"who knows, if i never showed up, what could've been?"

Juliette had her hands in the back pocket of her jean shorts, watching the boys stuff their bags like children. Belly, Taylor, and even Skye talked about volleyball, she felt like an oddball.

A gently hand tapped her lower back, making her spin around. The cashmere scent hit her nose immediately, sending chills down her spine at their proximity .

"Um." He cleared his throat, backing up slightly. "Sorry to interrupt."

"Is it time?" She asked, her lips turning into a small smile. He nodded, narrowing his eyes at her. " It is time. The Tower of Terror awaits."

She rolled her eyes with a small chuckle, going to pass him before his hand stopped her, falling on her stomach. She froze, his touch making her head spin. He pulled his hand away quickly.

"Sorry. Uh, um, are you okay?" Conrad asked with furrowed brows.

Juliette pursued her lips, nodding her head. "Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh, nothing. You just, uh, looked upset." Conrad stuttered, nervously. His eyes falling to the candy tower behind her.

She bit her bottom lip, her cheeks flushed. "I'm fine, Connie. Thank you." Her palm patted his chest softly. "Now, let's go. Someone has to get my barf bag."

He chuckled at her humor, following her out of the shop. The group walked down the boardwalk, the large silhouette of the tower made them all squirm.

Juliette swallowed as they stood before the ride, watching the people above them screech. Jeremiah elbowed her softly. "Hey, no one said you had to do this alone."

She nodded, her eyes falling beside him, scanning over Conrad as he peered up at the ride. She turned her head back. "Yeah, Jere. Thanks."

Jeremiah helped her onto the ride, Juliette's hands growing sweaty. The over-the-shoulder restraints locking them in, she almost couldn't breathe.

Conrad had his hands on his hips, his eyes darting between his brother and ex-girlfriend. His eyes falling to Jeremiah's hand wrapped around hers.

Her head laid against the back of the seat, her hand shaking in Jere's as she stared blankly in the distance.

"It's okay to be scared." He laughed lightly, shaking her hand slightly.

She glanced over at him. "ESP tell you that?"

"No, your face did." He teased, observing her expression fall scared. "Hey, don't worry. I'm
right here with you, okay?"

She nodded with her lips turning up into a smile, her eyes falling back to her swinging feet as she furrowed her brows, her chest pinging.

The cold popsicle was beginning to melt in her hands, the temperature outside only growing hotter as she watched the same cartoon a thousand times.

Susannah and Jeremiah's voice echoed behind her, she shifted, attempting to listen to their conversation.

"Poor Julie is stuck inside with a cold.It'd be sweet of you to keep her company." Susannah frowned, wiping her hands off.

Jeremiah pouted, his teen self shaking his head. "Mom.." Susannah flashed him a pout, eventually making him give in.

He soon joined her on the couch. The whole week he stayed in with her, making forts, playing cards, eating snacks, and making sure she got better. Jeremiah, stayed. So much so, he got sick.