29

⋆·˚ ༘ *MY TEARS RICOCHET
"and if i'm dead to you why are you at the wake?
cursing my name, wishing i stayed.
look at how my tears ricochet."

Juliette left Conrad to soak in his brothers words, grabbing the full glass bottle of vodka on the shelf. She held it tightly, her head jerking to the side at the sound of glass breaking.

Drunk teenagers laugh as the window cracked. Juliette whined lowly, feeling her eyes water as she took a swig of the drink.

Juliette stumbled off the concrete of the side of the house, steeping onto the sand. She chugged half the bottle, feeling herself gag slightly at the toxic taste.

She ventured onto the beach, the loud music getting further as the waves replaced the beats. Juliette could feel her tears pooling in her eyes as she finished the bottle.

Her head spun, make her trip over air. She groaned as she untied her shoes, throwing them to the side with her socks. She walked into the water, her body moving in a robotic fashion. "Stupid Conrad." She mumbled.

"Jules!" Someone called, their footsteps being deafened by the waves and sand. "I'm not dragging your dead body out of the ocean if you drown out there." Conrad. He breathed out, staring at her backside, watching her rock back and forth. "Get out of the water, Jules."

Juliette shook her head, holding the empty bottle. "Go away, Conrad."

"I can't." He huffed before approaching her. A yelp left her mouth as he lifted her, her limp body going against shoulder as she kicked her legs, screaming and hitting his back.

"Put me down!" She nearly cried out, kicking her feet rapidly. He cursed, muttering to himself.

Conrad swung her legs over, her body falling to the sand gently. Juliette felt her head spin as she hit the ground, finally dropping the bottle as she whined.

He bent down, brushing the hair from her face. "You're drunk, Jules. I can't leave you, I'm not going to leave you."

Juliette felt her eyes burn with tears as she peered at him, the warmth disappearing from her skin as he pulled his hand away. "But you already did."

She got her knees, using her strength to pull herself up, standing. Conrad mirrored her actions. She exhaled, shaking her head. "Why didn't you tell me about Jeremiah? Why did you keep that from me, Conrad?"

"I don't know." He replied flatly with a shrug.

"I wish I would've known." She whispered, blinking the tears from her eyes. "It hurts so much knowing that I...I didn't fight for us. I just let you walk away from me, from us."

Conrad furrowed her brows, watching her fall apart beneath him. "What do you mean?"

"I would've fought for us." She sobbed, tears coating her sun kissed cheeks. "At prom....I just let you go. I didn't even try to stop you. I fucked up." She cried, covering her face. "I wasn't even there for you when...when Susannah died."

"I thought you knew! I thought you knew!" Conrad defeated, moving her hands from her face as she shook, tears flowing. "From the moment we kissed on the beach, I thought you knew."

She shook her head, her lips trembling. "What did I do? I needed you and you threw everything away." Her eyes dulled. "I loved you. I...I love you. Was it not enough?"

"I'm sorry, Jules." Conrad furrowed his brows. "I loved you, of course I did. I still do."

Juliette shrugged. "Clearly not enough." She placed a hand on Conrad's cheek, her bottom lip quivering as she felt the tears build. She dropped her hand, shaking her head as she stumbled away from him and off the beach.

The chatter echoed, going in one ear and out the other as she shoved past people in the crowded house. She groaned, brining her hand to her forehead as she stepped into her empty room. The sleeping bag laying in the middle of the room.

She fell to the ground, crawling on top of it. She reached for her phone, her lazy hand coming to scroll on the contacts.

"Hi! You've reached Maude Kennedy. Leave your name and number after the beep!"

Juliette sniffled. "I need you, mom. Everything's going wrong." She ended the call, sitting up slightly as she clicked on her fathers contact.

"Hi you've reached Liam Kennedy. Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now. Leave a message."

"Dad. I'm sorry." She cried, squeezing her eyes shut. "Mom's not here and now Susannah isn't either. We tried everything we could. We're loosing the beach house. I'm here, um, and it's shit." Her tears pooled on her small pillow. "I ruined everything. The boys are never gonna speak to each other again. Please, come. Dad."

authors note<3
crying.