23

⋆·˚ ༘ *PEACE
"but i would die for you in secret."

The dimly lit country club was silent. The footsteps of the teenagers echoed off the walls, blinds covering the many windows.

"So what do we do now?" Juliette inquired, her glossed lips pursued with a brow cocked.

"Could we scavenge for food?" Skye asked, placing their palm of their stomach, hunching. "I need something in my system other than sugar."

Cam nodded from behind them, placing his hand out, gesturing towards the kitchen. "Allow me to escort you to the kitchen."

"Actually, wait. Can I come with you?" Taylor tilted her head, her hands coming to lay on her hips. "I have really specific snack requirements. "

"Uh-uh, Taylor. No, you're coming with me." Steven butted in, staring the shorter girl down. "We'll fashion, like, blankets out of, like, curtains and some shit."

Taylor shot him a glare, shaking her head. "No, I'm on snack patrol right now."

The two continued to bicker back and forth, eventually Taylor gave in, throwing her hands up with a scoff as she followed the brunette boy down the long corridor.

Juliette shifted her feet, now being left alone with the Fisher brothers. Belly following Cam and Skye before shooting her friend an apologetic look. She parted her lips, scratching her head. "Uh, what are you guys gonna do?"

"Think I'm gonna go with Cam and Skye, actually." Jeremiah replied flatly, his eyes flicking between Conrad and herself.

She nodded shyly, "Okay. Catch up with you later." He hummed before walking off in the complete opposite direction of the kitchen, she frowned. Her gaze shifted to a quiet Conrad. "Are you okay?"

He glanced up at her, puffing his chest out as he breathed deeply. "I never should have gone to the boardwalk."

The guilt on his features showed, Juliette felt sorrow for him. She shook her head slightly, reaching for his cold hand. "This is not your fault, Con. None of this is your fault. You couldn't have known that she would do this."

Conrad's Adam apple bobbed at her words, his ocean eyes running over her face. "Maybe, but she never would have done it if I'd stayed back." He breathed, his voice croaking. "They fucking took everything. And you heard Skye. The house is going to sell fast."

Juliette looked down at their hands still together, her fingers grazing his knuckles. The soft touch made her shiver. "It's not over, Con. I know you, you'll figure something out. You always do."

"I'm sorry." He apologized suddenly, catching her off guard as she shot him a confused look. "For shoving you off me before, I, um, I was just upset."

"It's okay." Juliette smiled softly. "Please don't push me away. I wanna be here for you."

Conrad nodded, blinking. "Okay." His eyes faltered, staring at the empty hallway. "Hey, would you keep Jere company? He seems off. You always are best at talking to him."

She rolled her bottom lip into her mouth, her hands dropping to her side. "Uh, yeah, yeah. Of course."

He shot her a smile, brushing her shoulder gently as he passed her. Juliette tucked a loose hair behind her ear before shuffling down the hallway, looking for the curly headed boy.