38

⋆·˚ ༘ *CLEAN
"rain came pouring down, When i was drowning, that's when i could finally breathe"

"Fuck, it just added another half hour to our ETA." Jeremiah swore, slamming his phone back down in his lap, the windshield wipers scrapping against Conrad's car.

Juliette groaned, her head hitting the back of her seat as she stared out at the pouring rain. "Okay, so what do we do? Backroads?"

"Back roads will be worse." Conrad commented, crossing his arms. "Once the storm band passes by,
the roads will start to clear up. And, plus, I'm having so much fun. I don't know about you guys."

Jeremiah clenched his jaw, Conrad's cologne filling their noses as he leaned closer. "What do you want to do, Julie. Your call."

"Yeah, what do you want to do, Jules." Conrad mocked, the slight pout to his voice made her scoff.

She stared blankly at Conrad while scrunching her nose up at him. "Honestly...I'm hungry as fuck and I really have to pee. I'd rather not drown in this car. So..."

"I changed my vote." Conrad blurted, making her tilt her head. "Hangry Julie is a natural disaster that I think we might want to avoid."

Jeremiah widened his eyes for a moment, nodding shyly. "Okay, I'll get off."

He pulled out of traffic, swerving around cars as he pulled into the quiet gas station, parking at the front. Juliette exited the car quickly, hurrying inside to use the bathroom while the boys stalked the isles.

Once she was down, she ran a hand through her hair, peering down the long isles, searching for the Fishers. Her body smacked harshly into a large one, arms gripping her back.

"Sorry." She apologized, her cheeks red with embarrassment.

Conrad let her go, shrugging. "You've always had a lack of direction."

Juliette smiled softly, lifting her shoulder before dropping them. "What can I say, I'm a blonde?"

The corners of his mouth lifted slightly before his eyes fell to her glossed lips, he frowned. "Right. You can go back to the car, I'll get you something."

"Oh, are you sure ?" Juliette furrowed her brows at his offer.

He nodded. "Yeah. I think I know you pretty well." He paused. "Or, at least I did."

Juliette parted her lips, nodding her head. "Thanks, Conrad." She dropped it, walking away from him and back to his car. She sighed as she got into the passenger seat, rubbing her eyes.

She stared around the car she knew all to well, the fond and gentle memories making her light-headed.

Jeremiah and Conrad getting back into the car had her snapping out of her daze, staring at the bag with excitement. Jeremiah dug in it.

Juliette peered over, grinning like a kid as she grabbed the bag of sour patch from the bag. "Ugh, these are my favorite." She opened the bag, her smile fading as Jeremiah was holding the Swedish fish. "Oh, Jere...I, um, I'll eat them..."

"No, it's fine." He cut her off, shaking his head as he threw the back into the backseat, nearly hitting Conrad. "Uh, the highway's shutting down. The guy inside told us. Um, he said there was a motel nearby
if we wanted to stay there, instead of here."

Juliette glanced between the boys with a slow nod. "As long as we're somewhere dry."

Jeremiah threw the car into park, the long street taking them to the run-down motel just a see blocks away. Juliette furrowed her brows as they parked, she sighed lowly.

Conrad and Jeremiah exited the car, all three of them grabbing their belongings before heading inside.

Juliette tapped her fingertips on the counter as the clerk approached them with a dull look. "Hi. Uh, can we have three, or, um, two rooms?"

The hotel clerk glanced down at her computer for a second before shaking her head. "No, sorry. We're booked. There's only the one room."

"What?" Juliette laughed lowly, her brows pulling together. "One room for three people?"

The lady sighed in annoyance. "Don't know what to say. It's just the one room. If you don't want it, I have a trucker on hold that does."

Juliette pinched the bridge of her nose thinking about the night ahead. "No. No. You know what, we'll take it. Thanks."

Conrad slid the woman his fathers card before she handed it back along with the receipt. Juliette waited patiently, her backpack over her shoulder.

He glanced back at the two. "You guys go ahead, I'll catch up."

"What are you doing?" Jeremiah asked, with his brows furrowed.

Conrad wrote off on the check, his demeanor switching. "Just gonna make some calls. Didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anybody, so..."

Juliette could see right through him, she stayed quiet, simply nodding as she followed Jeremiah. He unlocked the room with a keycard, grateful they were on the first floor.

She gawked as she walked in the room. "One fucking bed?" She moaned, placing a hand on her hips.

"This day just keeps getting better and better." Jeremiah spat, clearly annoyed as he slammed the door shut, setting his bag down.

Juliette sat on the edge of the bed, peering over to him. "Are you okay?"

Jeremiah glanced up at her, with a small shrug. "Yeah. It's just a lot. Everything's changed. He's still in love with you. I know you see it."

Juliette's face saddened as she turned her head, it tilted downward. "He's not. At least not anymore. I think he's made that pretty clear. He's hates me."

"Yeah, I'm sure he did. But he didn't mean it. I know him." Jeremiah shook his head, holding his chin. "When we almost kissed earlier, I want you to know I meant it. It was real for me."

"I know, Jere. Me too." Juliette turned her body towards him. "It's just...I know how it went down between us, we didn't talk at all. But you're not like Conrad. I mean, he goes A-wall. I just...wanna be there for him."

"I understand." Jeremiah nodded, scooting closer to her. "And I want you to be on good terms. But what happens if... no, when... Conrad finally admits how he feels about you?"

Juliette felt her heart flutter, she swallowed. "He won't because he doesn't feel anything towards me. So, it wouldn't change anything."

"All right, you-you... you and Con need to have a real conversation." Jeremiah nodded to himself, placing his warm hands on top of hers. "Then, if you still feel the same way about me after, then... then I'm yours."

"Okay." Juliette smiled, bringing a hand up to brush his curls from his face. "I should probably shower."

authors note<3
connie baby :(