33

⋆·˚ ༘ *WHITE HORSE
"this ain't hollywood, it's a small town. i was a dreamer before you went and let me down."

"Stanford, huh?" Juliette raised her brows, her sneakers clacking against the hardwood as she entered the kitchen.

Conrad glanced up at her as his palms laid flat against the counter, he chuckled softly. "Yeah...I told Jere. He seems cool with it."

"I knew he would." Juliette smiled, standing beside him. "I'm happy that you're deciding to chase your dreams."

"Are you?" Conrad pulled his brows together, peering at her side profile. She turned, their eyes locking.

Her lips parted as she nodded. "Of course, Conrad. All...all I've ever wanted was for you to be happy. If Stanford is going to do that, then do it."

His lips curled into an appreciative smile. "Thank you, Jules." He paused. "You know, you should too. This isn't just about me. You should be whoever you want to be...be with whoever you want to be with."

Juliette blinked, appalled. She glanced down at his thin, but appealing lips. His gaze followed her eyes, his light eyes falling to her glossed lips.

Her heart began to race as she ducked her head, slightly. Their lips meters apart.

Conrad turned his head, his jaw going slack.

Juliette's face softened with rejection as she pulled her eyes to the marble. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I just..."

"No, it's my fault." Conrad cut her off. "All of this is my fault."

"Hey, guys...." Belly beamed as she hurried into the kitchen, stopping in her tracks as the clear tension between the two lingered. "Sorry, uh, everyone is leaving."

Juliette nodded, brushing her hair from her face as she followed Belly, hearing Conrad's footsteps behind her.

Julia hugged Laurel and Liam before turning back to the kids, the three of them joining just in time. The woman clapped her hands together. "All right, don't look too happy. You're not getting rid of me forever. Your wicked Aunt Julia is still just a phone call away."

Jeremiah smiled softly at his aunt. "Thank you." Conrad nodding with a small hum, his lips turned upward.

"We should get going, too." Liam clicked his tongue, glancing at his daughter.

Juliette nodded, her lips in a flat line. Jeremiah grabbed her softly, his puppy eyes batting at Liam. "I was wondering can-can she stay for, like, one more night?"

She foreword her brows, looking at Jeremiah over her shoulder. "Jere, it's fine. I should get going."

"Come on. We have to help Con study for his final. It's tomorrow." Jeremiah pouted, his arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders.

Her head fell back into his chest as she groaned softly. "Dad?"

Liam pursued his lips, narrowing his eyes at the Fishers. "I'm sorry, boys. She's been here enough, don't you think?"

"Laurel, please. They're not gonna let me transfer to Stanford if I don't pass this." Conrad added, Juliette's head cocking over towards him.

"You better do more than just pass." Laurel pointed her finger at him. He nodded shyly.

Liam rubbed his forehead, sighing lowly. "Does this mean I have to sleep on a sleeping bag tonight?"

"Oh, we've got the motel room for one more night. You want it?" Aunt Julia offered.

Liam nodded, gratefully. "Yes, please. But if I'm staying, Laurel is, too. There's no way I can take care of all of this if something happens."

Laurel shrugged, looking at her kids for approval. The two nodded. "Okay, so, while the five of you get to work we'll stay in the motel."

"Deal." Juliette bobbed her head, grinning.

Everyone bidded their guys, Skye leaving them with a tiny handshake. Juliette beamed as they waved, watching the two cars drive off. The house theirs, once again.

"You really don't have to do this." Conrad's hoarse voice spoke, Juliette turning to face him.

She watched everyone else wander off into the house, leaning the two alone. The sun beginning to set. "Yeah. But I know how much Stanford means to you. And you deserve it. Oh, plus, I had to read your essay at least six times."

"Not true." Conrad shook his head, his bottom lip curling into his mouth.

Juliette flashed him a lopsided grin. "Uh, Conrad Fisher. Yes, I did."

"Okay, it wasn't six." He rolled his eyes. "Maybe...maybe, like, uh, five."

She laughed softly, shoving his chest. "You're so annoying."

"Me?" He asked, playfully. His hands wrapping around her wrists. "You're so annoying."

Juliette's smile began to fade as she peered up at him. She furrowed her brows, clearing her throat, her hands falling back to her side. "We should go inside. You have a lot to catch up on."

"Uh, yeah." Conrad nodded. "Come on."

authors note
OMG
crying
sobbing